- Älmhult, Sweden
Curious on the future of life at home for the many people? Come join us in exploring and creating it…
Can you really reach out to and influence the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of nowhere? In Älmhult, Sweden you can. Älmhult is home to IKEA of Sweden. Here the IKEA range is developed and made available to customers all over the world. It is also in Älmhult where we explore the future to create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people. Would you like to be a part of leading the development of IKEA’s smart home solutions? Right now we are looking for a Development Leader for IKEA Home Smart.
As a Development Leader at IKEA Home Smart, you are responsible for:
• Lead the team in charge of current and future digital solutions, developing the technology for IKEA home smart customers, define and execute the platform assignment for the TRÅDFRI eco-system.
• Work in close collaboration with the product manager and business developers, to ensure further development of TRÅDFRI as an open platform focusing on connectivity and easy-to-use products, always keeping in mind IKEA Home Smart overall market and product strategy.
• Draw and implement the strategic roadmap for technical solutions, and manage related budget. Channel business needs into the development plan to ensure we have a balanced portfolio of initiatives to support our business objectives.
• Facilitate and coordinate the strategic technical discussions with internal and external partners.
• Lead and own a number of critical business capabilities e.g. new ways of working, establish data analytics/insights, anchor and implement
To be successful in this role you must have good knowledge and experience about technical product development and business development, being able to lead creative processes and cooperate effectively with product managers, developers, partners and suppliers. The ability to explore different perspectives, be innovative and be comfortable in the unknown. Ability to work with conceptual ideas, and also able to bring these into final solutions, have experience in portfolio management and the ability to spot opportunities and translate business needs into scalable, value added business cases and ultimately tangible benefits. You are energetic, driven and determined, enjoy working closely with people and have great communication skills. You have the capability to lead, manage and motivate people.
We believe you have:
• University degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related subject
• Thorough experience in software development of customer oriented solutions
• Track record of products developed that were successfully launched into the B2B/B2C market
• Proven ability to deliver easy-to-use solutions for technologically complex problems
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in IoT technological developments and digital transformation
• Several years of experience in team leadership and managing budgets.
• You are structured, used to take lead and inspire others to grow
• International mind-set and culturally sensitive
The Development Leader is driven by the passion to develop the future products of smart solutions for IKEA and create a better everyday life for the many people. Someone who have the ability to see things from a customer’s perspective and conceptualize things that don’t exist. This means that this is a challenging and rewarding position with enormous impact on the many people around the world. We love what we do and we seek people who love their work too and who share our values in their professional and everyday life.
Our corporate language is English, so you need to be fluent in English, both verbally and in writing. The position is placed in Älmhult and will require about 50 long distance travelling days per year.
IKEA of Sweden is a vibrant culture where ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is "to create a better everyday life for the many people". We give down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles. We offer this position in a fast paced, truly global environment with an endless supply of challenges and development opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application, at the latest January 20th.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply the IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2 000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10 000 products.