Sustainability Process Developer
- Älmhult, Sweden
The task of IKEA Components within IKEA is to develop and supply IKEA with customer friendly component solutions for better products – and better homes. Our task is to take the responsibility for selected components and raw-material, which means develop, purchase and supply to IKEA suppliers. IKEA Components have also the assignment to provide After Sales service of components to the end customers. Our business is global and employs 1200 people based mainly in Sweden, Slovakia and China.
Do you want to be part of the journey to create a people & planet positive IKEA by 2030?
Climate Positive is a strategic initiative to significantly reduce the IKEA climate footprint in absolute terms throughout the IKEA value-chain and beyond, while growing the IKEA business. The scope covers everything from raw material extraction to products’ end-of-life. This will enable IKEA to continue to create a better everyday life for the many people and do so within the limits of our planet.
With strategic goals and movements set, we are now in the process to integrate these throughout our business – building capability and competence. The main focus is to translate set goals together with key parts of the IKEA organization into more specific movements, activities and competence required to reach the strategic goals – making the climate agenda truly integrated in the ways of working. In parallel, we will continue to develop the climate agenda and continue to lead by example and collaborate externally towards a low-carbon society.
Right now, we are looking for our next Sustainability Process Developer to join us.
Sustainability is part of all everything we do and you will therefore be involved in many different processes, securing that we havea positive impact in all areas and that improvements are made beneficial throughout the process landscape.
Your responsibility is to cooperate with process developers and process leaders within IKEA Components and IKEA, to utilize the set working methods at IKEA and to develop ways of working where it is needed and brings us closer to our goal to create a people & planet positive IKEA. To set a long term road map for how to continuously improve how we secure a positive impact is on your responsibility and you will slice the roadmap to relevant actions, in order to make the roadmap happen.
You will lead the competence development agenda on a global basis and together with the Sustainability Competence Forum at total IKEA level, secure that we have excellent introduction packages and learning solutions. You will lead the sustainability matrix within IKEA Components, meaning that you have a matrix leader role for all sustainability roles and will lead on a global agenda.
Competence development and IT solutions are important enablers to make the work efficient and effective and an important task will be to both define and develop requirements for competence, business and IT solutions.
We would like you to have:
• experience with leading and developing the way we work with sustainability in the whole value chain
• holistic mind-set and a broad portfolio of methodologies to use and to support the identified improvements
• experience working in a leading sustainability position, strategic/tactical or operative position and you are used to working in a global organisation.
• experience working with process development, and improvement methods
• practical experience of process or functional development
• knowledge and understanding of the IKEA Value Chain and process landscape or similar industries (benefitial)
• passion and drive to develop the business and yourself to deliver results
• strong desire to collaborate and to improve current ways of working
• ability to transform the big picture into structural knowledge and learnings, and ability to reach and communicate the results
• ability to motivate and inspire people, as well as a skill to communicate and educate
• high integrity and ability to work with both tactical and operational issue
• a team spirit, and you like to work with others
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously. So don't delay, and send us your application as soon as possible, however, until 17th January 2019 at the latest!
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace. And as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Patrik Löwe at +46 70 216 14 66. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Kristyna Brabcova at +46 733 427 586.