Business & Internal Communication Leader | IKEA Culture & Learning | Core Business Franchise
- Delft, Netherlands
The world is changing and the IKEA business is changing with it. For IKEA though, one thing will always remain the same ─ our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We will strengthen and develop competences in order to meet the needs and dreams of the many people around the world and to be accessible, wherever and whenever they wish to meet IKEA.
We are looking for people who have experience from diverse retail organisations and other parts of the value chain ─ from supply to product design, development to manufacturing and everything in between. We offer a unique opportunity to develop a holistic view of the IKEA business. When you grow, IKEA grows too. Do you want to contribute?
Inter IKEA Systems (Core Business Franchise) owns the IKEA Concept and is the worldwide IKEA franchisor. We are specifically responsible for the IKEA strategic framework, ensuring the IKEA Concept is updated, relevant, implemented and followed-up – together with all IKEA trademark users.
How do we do this? By enabling people across the IKEA value chain, and creating unique content to develop the IKEA business. Here are some examples of our different assignments.
- We develop solutions that will ensure a unique and successful meeting with IKEA customers.
- We lead the work around when and how IKEA expands in the world, enabling one common way of working with high impact at a low cost.
- We create the preconditions to strengthen the IKEA Culture and develop the right competence to meet customer and business needs.
An important part of our success is our unique culture and open working environment. Together, we create a workplace where everyone feels free to be themselves – to experiment, try new ways, and dare to ask, “What if…?” We believe in everyday personal growth and offer the opportunity to develop your career globally. Read more about us at: franchisor.IKEA.com.
About the assignment
As a Communication Leader, together with leaders in the leadership assignment area(s), you will lead the full communication agenda interdependently across Core Business Franchise (CBF), the IKEA franchise system and the IKEA value chain.
In addition to being part of the Leadership Assignment’s management team, you are also a member of the Core Business Franchise Communication matrix team, and you will drive and/or contribute to cross-business assignments.
About the role
We are looking for a Communication Leader for the IKEA Culture & Learning leadership assignment. In this role you will work in close collaboration with other leaders and co-workers. You will also coach and support leaders and co-workers to lead through communication. This includes support with planning and delivering communication in the most effective, engaging and relevant way possible.
In a collaborative way and through our common processes, you will:
- Identify interdependencies and synergies with other units/assignments/businesses and lead together with others to realise the full potential of IKEA.
- Oversee large and cross-business communication initiatives (campaigns), secure strategic and/or tactical planning and execution, and continuously drive change through effective communication.
- Secure that the direction and content of relevant communication is created and produced in accordance with established guidelines, the IKEA tone of voice, IKEA culture and values.
- Visualise, strengthen and create communication movements ─ proactive and activist communication initiatives ─ that contribute to the business and to communication assignments and objectives.
- Define and develop new and innovative ways of communicating with co-workers and drive existing and new ways of working within communications at IKEA.
- Develop business-related content to respond to enquiries and initiatives from the Media Relations and Public Affairs team.
- Enable the development of communication competences: identify needs and create/co-ordinate learning and development opportunities (e.g. learning in the business, training programmes/workshops on presentation skills, PowerPoint skills, how to create a story, etc.).
- Participate and contribute to relevant networks and forums related to communications or topics specific to the business unit.
- Lead and work closely together with peers across the whole of Core Business Franchise and IKEA to strengthen and contribute to a strong and relevant franchise offer.
You are passionate about creating and delivering clear and consistent messages and communication that inspire and engage people. You enjoy both high-level strategic communication and hands-on work. You are motivated to lead through others, enable others and share your competence through mentoring or coaching to help them develop. You believe strongly that strategic and tactical communication will grow and transform the IKEA business and people together. You also have a genuine interest in life at home and home furnishing.
We also believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Broad experience in the field of communications. You have worked on and developed strategic business communication.
- Experience gained in a related function in IKEA Retail and/or Range & Supply within the last three years will be highly valued.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of project and process management relevant to drive effective communication.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple issues, projects and deadlines in an environment where change is constant while keeping stakeholders informed and involved.
- Practical knowledge of the communication process and how to plan and execute each phase from planning to production.
- Understand multichannel communication including print, digital, collaborative and workspace, and how to create cross-channel interaction.
- Understand how to segment audiences and strengthen key messages to support different audience needs and situations.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of one or more cross-functional teams, as well as independently across teams.
- Ability to think holistically and understand the complexity of the IKEA business and the role of communication as an integrated part of the business.
A few more details for you
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is located in Delft, the Netherlands, though some travel may be required.
Please send your application – CV and motivation* – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role.