Information Manager - IPIM - IKEA of Sweden
- Älmhult, Sweden
Information Manager - IPIM
At IKEA of Sweden in Älmhult, the IKEA range is developed and made available to stores and customers all over the world! It is also here in Älmhult where we explore the future to create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people.
The range is our identity and product information is an essential part of the IKEA Concept. New technology is changing behaviour and the demands for new ways to interact and share real-time insights are essential for continuous growth.
The goal of the IKEA Product Information Management (IPIM) Programme is to create a foundation that enables a digital ecosystem with the IKEA range at its heart. It means exploring and designing how data – about and around our products – is created and captured, how it is distributed and made available. It is also about how co-workers, suppliers, customers and third parties can interact with it in all aspects. IPIM is a programme that covers the whole IKEA value chain and all IKEA retailers.
We are currently looking for an Information Manager to lead the Product Data Information team. Are you our new colleague?
As an Information Manager you will embark on an exciting journey in the digital transformation of IKEA. You will help set-up the future capabilities for product information at IKEA by providing a framework and governance for product data & information management. With your team you will map out how product information is being created, enriched and consumed today. And you will help create the pre-conditions and capabilities for future data & information usage and the digital ecosystem we want to design and be part of - to create great and personalized experiences for our customers, suppliers and co-workers. It is about enabling accurate and trusted information about our products at the right time throughout the IKEA value chain.
You’ll be part of the Portfolio & Product Data Information management team, and lead the team consisting of Information leader(s), Information Security Leader(s) and Data Stewart(s). Your focus will be on building the team capabilities and interactions with the rest of IKEA, especially the other Information Management teams and architects across the IKEA value chain. You will report to the IPIM Deputy Programme Manager, Jirko Hoogerwerf.
The responsibilities in your role include:
• Build and lead the team consisting of Information leader(s), Information Security Leader(s) and Data Stewart(s).
• Further develop and implement the frameworks for Product Data information management
• Ensure that each of the new solutions and ways of working co-created by the IPIM team delivers according to the information framework and guidelines
• Make it easy for IKEA co-workers to embrace the required ways of working with Product Data Information.
To succeed in this role you need to have an interest in home furnishing and people’s everyday life at home, and be excited by our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people.
We are looking for the following basic qualifications for all candidates:
• You have a background in information management in positions where you have led people, for example within areas such as product development, supply chain or range management
• You are innovative and have a deeper interest in IT Solutions to improve effectiveness and efficiency
• You enjoy working in an agile and iterative way, in a complex environment that is not yet fully set
• You have at least 5 years’ experience in working in consumer package goods
• You can communicate effectively in English both writing and speaking
On top of that, it would be great if you meet one or more of the following preferred qualifications:
• You held roles in parts of the IKEA value chain
• You have experience with improvement methodologies, e.g. lean, six sigma or similar
• You have excellent communication and networking skills
Take the opportunity to join a dynamic, multi-cultural and value based environment and send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you want to work at IKEA and why you would be a good fit for this role. For this position we are interviewing continuously and might close the application process earlier if we have found the right candidate.
The position is permanent and located in Älmhult, Sweden, but requires frequent travel to the office in Malmö
Älmhult has good commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day. Travelling based on business needs will be necessary.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact the Recruitment Specialist, +46 72 886 53 84.