BD- Proactive Recruitment Shenzhen
- Shenzhen, Guangdong, cn
Proactive recruitment - Business Developer
We are looking to connect with people for future opportunities at IKEA as Business Developer to strengthen the production and purchasing of the IKEA range. We specifically welcome people with experience as Operations Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Sourcing Manager, Merchandise Manager, Commodity Manager or Production Manager or similar working in the Sourcing, Purchasing and/or Merchandising industry.
Driven by strong values for over 75 years, our vision to create a better everyday life for the many people has led the IKEA brand to global success in home furnishings. Those values and that vision also guide us to create a better everyday life for IKEA co-workers, with work that offers challenges, growth, and freedom with responsibility, along with balance and respect for home life – so you have time for family and friends too.
You see things a little differently. So do we. That’s why your values are more important to us than just what’s on your CV. Here, you’ll find positions that challenge you, let you explore your possibilities, and give you a chance to grow– from a position like this one based in Shenzhen, China, you never know where in the world a job with IKEA might take you! Why not come see things a little differently together?
In Purchasing & Logistics, you’ll find we do all this – and more:
- Make and move millions of IKEA products every day, everywhere – across Asia and around the world – focusing on quality, affordability, accessibility and sustainability.
- Ensure every IKEA product meets every element of our Democratic Design process –
design, function, quality, sustainability, and a low price.
Emphasise efficiency with responsibility. That means low cost – but not at any cost.
Enable hundreds of millions of customers in countries all over the world to enjoy IKEA home furnishings, thanks to our global network of over 1,000 suppliers, a highly-efficient logistics system optimised for managing large volumes, and an IKEA organisation consistently working to execute and constantly improve our business model.
You’d do all this – and more:
· Establish and develop a high-performing, diverse supplier base to meet our business needs and satisfy customers.
· Take responsibility for supplier performance and relationships.
· Build professional, long-term relationships by doing business the IKEA way – based on trust, transparency and a shared business model.
· Keep improving! Challenge suppliers to continuously improve every performance aspect, in accordance with supplier action plan.
Here’s what it’s like to work in these groups:
Work area: Purchasing & Sourcing
You’re a born negotiator. You source the world for suppliers for everything from raw materials for products to ink for the printer. You work to maximize what suppliers can provide at the lowest possible prices while assuring safe and sustainable sourcing at all times. Most important: you build mutually beneficial partnerships for the long-term. Want to make a deal?
Workarea: Logistics & Supply Chain
Getting this from here to there. Or ten thousand of these to all of those places. You thrive on the strategic and tactical challenge it takes to assure availability of IKEA products and range all around the world at the highest quality and lowest possible cost. Making sure customers can buy BILLY online in the morning and have it at home by the time they go to bed.
What you have that this job needs:
· Solid grasp of the IKEA business model – and how lower costs are the key driver for growth.
· Serious knowledge of industry and market-specific conditions, along with macro-economic trends.
· Deep understanding of supplier capabilities, material, service and production.
· Leadership style that always sees the big picture – considering impacts on customers, suppliers, the IKEA value chain and overall cost development.
· Talent for delivering results by involving and engaging people.
Growth mind-set and entrepreneurial spirit – open, agile approach that helps identify and adapt to opportunities in the market and supply chain.
User-centric focus – responding to what customers really want and need to live a better everyday life.
You’ve done things like this before:
· Purchasing, or working with the total cost approach.
· Supplier development.
· Relevant marketing/industry knowledge.
· Indirect leadership – a talent for guiding others all along the value chain, inside and outside of IKEA.
· Keen understanding of IKEA business model, as well as the total cost approach.
What more are you looking for? You should know, IKEA is a place where you can:
Be yourself – work at your best, without being micro-managed; enjoy freedom with responsibility.
Keep growing – challenge yourself, gain experience, expand your expertise, try something new.
Go places – move up or into new positions in your unit, country, region – or around the world.
Find balance – enjoy a better everyday life at work and home – with time for family and friends.
Do good – work every day to reduce impacts on people and planet. Sustainability. Seriously.
If you have any questions regarding this proactive job posting, you are welcome to contact Recruiter Selina Xie at +86 18680682008/ Wechat: Selinaxhj
Get to know us even before you work with us. Explore a bit more about IKEA- here: https://en-global-jobs.about.ikea.com/lifeatikea and there: https://www.linkedin.com/company/interikeagroup/ and over there too: https://en-global-jobs.about.ikea.com/yourpossibilities – and there’s also this: https://newsroom.inter.ikea.com/ and that: https://highlights.ikea.com/2017/facts-and-figures/