Business Development Manager - Appliance SZ
- Shenzhen, Guangdong, cn
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
With knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing you have a strong capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results. You are able to lead on an operational/tactical level with the business strategy in mind. Your strong analytical skills and fact-based business leadership capabilities support making the right decisions and their implementations. Your eagerness to build trust and partnership to reach common goals is remarkable. Your ability to lead business through people by demonstrating leadership capabilities and lead business with a holistic view. You are highly interested in understanding the markets we are working in as well as the reality of production. Preferably, you have electronic industry knowledge or background.
You come with good track record in current & previous positions, in leading and developing both business and people, you lead by example and have the ability to bring out the best in your team and the people and organisations you encounter. You identify very much with our values and enjoy creating an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality.
About the job
The Business Development Manager is in charge of developing and implementing long term supplier development plans with the objectives of delivering excellent results in running operations and professional long term business development with our suppliers.
If you are the right person for this position, we can offer you an assignment in a global organisation with great development potential, where your ideas are heard and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”!
About the assignment
- On-site lead the team in China and remote lead the team in Japan, overall responsible for Appliance supplier base for total Asia, focusing on Major Domestic Appliances maintaining both local and global range
- Accountable for professional and long term relationship with suppliers through IKEA way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Overall responsible for the business and suppliers performance
- Secure planning and execution to fullfill the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
- Together with the Category Manager, assign business to different suppliers in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up
- Set the business direction with clear Action Plan(s) to improve and develop business and supplier performance way of doing business, based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Identify and start-up new suppliers according to business needs through the business
- Responsible for driving Leadership and Competence agenda: Identify needs and gaps, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short and long term business needs