- King of Prussia, PA, USA
About the company
IKEA Purchasing Services (US) Inc.’s main office is in King of Prussia, PA and is a subsidiary of the Inter IKEA Group.
The IKEA brand is one of the most successful home furnishing brands in the world. We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. IKEA stores offer almost 10,000 affordable home furnishing products and solutions. Today there are over 392 IKEA stores in 48 countries around the world.
The Inter IKEA Group is a part of Inter IKEA Systems B.V., owner of the IKEA Concept and worldwide IKEA franchisor.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We work hard to make sure everyone’s voice is heard and that everyone can make a difference. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
You are eager to actively search for information and continuously learn from good examples and mistakes. You have a sense of urgency and a never compromise attitude towards quality. Additionally, you:
- Have the interest and drive to build trust and partnership to reach common goals.
- Are result oriented, high energy, and self-driven ways of working to deliver better products for the many people by working together in IKEA and with suppliers.
- Have knowledge of Six sigma and Lean production methods and tools.
- Some travel required (30-50%).
- Good knowledge of IKEA requirements, standards, and test methods
- Knowledge working with materials in category, including: Custom Countertops, Glass, Ceramic and Candles
About the job
Being the Production Engineer, you will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. You are the main contact towards the suppliers and work as part of the business team together with the supplier to develop and secure the production process, handling of quality deviations, and secure compliance to all IKEA requirements.
About the assignment
The Production Engineer is responsible for Quality Assurance including to secure process control for key processes in production. Among other things, you:
- Perform Product audits and production risk assessments at suppliers.
- Lead the Supplier Development for quality and manufacturing with responsibility to identify and implement actions and execution of SDP projects.
- Lead industrialization of minor news development and contribute with competence to other news developments.
- Evaluate potential new supplier’s production facilities and quality systems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.