Sustainability Compliance Auditor (m/f)
- Dortmund, NRW, de
“IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing & Logistics Area North Europe is one of total nine Purchasing & Logistics Areas within IKEA, and our co-workers are based in Sweden, Germany and Lithuania.”
In this position you support and develop our business with suppliers primarily in the German-speaking countries to safeguard that the manufacturing of IKEA products meets world-class standards in the area of environment and social & working conditions.
‘IWAY’, The IKEA Way on Purchasing Home Furnishing Products, is our code of conduct and our guiding principles together with our Group Sustainability Strategy ‘People and Planet Positive’.
- Plan and perform IKEA Way audits and initial assessments, in accordance with IKEA Way Working Method and IKEA Supply Chain Audit Procedure
- Update relevant IKEA systems, in accordance with IKEA Way Working Method
- Support and challenge IKEA Way implementation follow-up by suppliers and business teams
- Support business development by combining sustainability expertise with a sound business sense
- Being a good IKEA Ambassador and living our values
Your knowledge, skills and experience include:
- A passion for Social & Environmental questions and Sustainable development
- Analytical, systematic and a good communicator with a convincing style
- Understanding the IKEA Business Idea and Social Responsibility Code of Conduct, and how they meet customer’s requirements
- Previous auditing experience is an advantage
- Knowledge in/understanding of business and industry/supply chain processes
- Driver’s license, type B
- Good knowledge of local legislation in German-speaking countries & the Netherlands
- Native German speaker and fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch is a bonus.
Growing together We expect you to understand and believe in the values of the Inter IKEA Code of Conduct. You have good communication skills and the ability to develop a fruitful dialogue with suppliers and business teams. We also believe you have energy, desire and capability to develop business & people.
You are a hands-on field operator with the ability to organise, meet deadlines, set responsibilities and work unsupervised. You are a person with good analytical ability and drive and you are also ready to travel extensively.
We offer you a variety of tasks both in the office and at IKEA suppliers with a fun, friendly, non-hierarchical, open and international team atmosphere. Moreover, you have a wide range of education and self-development possibilities. We also hope you want to contribute with your unique competence to IKEAs future growth!
Do you want to join us?
If so, we look forward receiving your application including cover letter and CV as soon as possible!
Please NOTE: we kindly ask you to submit your application in English directly into our recruitment system SmartRecruiters. We do not accept applications via e-mail.
Change is our reality, come and join us on our way to reach even more excellence performance.