Computer PLC Engineer
- Danville, VA, USA
IKEA Industry is the largest producer of wooden furniture in the world and manufactures wood-based furniture for IKEA customers. Together with external IKEA suppliers, we represent the IKEA production capacity.
IKEA Industry is a core area of the Inter IKEA Group. We secure production capacities for growth. The aim is to create products that have great customer value, in terms of quality and price. Next to that, our ambition is to be the good example in all aspects of business and people, which includes sustainability.
IKEA Industry consists of 40 production units in 10 countries: China, France, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, and the USA.
Computer PLC Engineer will be responsible for a variety of responsibilities as below:
- Follow detailed project plans relating to Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery (SQCD), present plans to management, and execute plans in a timely manner.
- Implement capital projects for the plant as assigned by the Engineering Manager.
- Maintain all process/electrical control schematics and work flow process documentation of plant operations for your responsible areas.
- Follow machine electrical requirements and or needs for optimum performance, tool life, and product quality.
- Responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs (programmable logic controllers)
- Maintain and control replacement process for the machine PC / PLC
- Assist in development of standard operating practices as required for proper controls operations and continual improvement initiatives.
- Preform Training for other coworkers in technical department
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Fosters and promotes positive employee relations with a high level of employee engagement.
- Assist in providing a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Role model and Working in Teams principles.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Follow and demonstrate the “IKEA Values “
IKEA Industry Danville, LLC is located in Ringgold, VA.
o Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics or related discipline; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
o Minimum of 5 years of Controls Engineering or Electrical Engineering experience with electrical/electronic equipment or similar
o Must have experience defining, operating, troubleshooting, and programming various control modules including PLC Logic and programing with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, etc, and Telemecanique experience is preferred), Vision Systems, analog and digital systems and HMI programming.
o Ability to read and interpret PLC wiring diagrams
o Experience working in a team environment.
o Strong planning/organization, and time management skills.
o Demonstrated problem solving skills.
We look forward to receiving your application, at the latest November 15, 2017