Communication Leader - New Business & Innovation
- Älmhult, Sweden
At IKEA of Sweden in Älmhult the IKEA range is developed and made available to customers all over the world – this is where needs and dreams are turned into smart home furnishing solutions. It is also here we explore the future to create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people.
With the task to capture the opportunities of a changing world, the New Business & Innovation department has the responsibility to enable IKEA to meet the future. We are here to explore the big problems in the life at home, creating solutions relevant for the many people. We are curious, eager to step into the unknown and believe in co-creating across borders, inside and outside of the company. We believe in collaboration and challenging known truths in a world of ideas and technology. With the IKEA vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people - as a starting point, we focus on creating capabilities and solutions that are relevant in the life at home today and tomorrow.
We are now looking for a Communication Leader in New Business & Innovation, who shares our passion and wants to team up and together with us create simple but yet sharp and inspirational communication. Care to join us?
As a Communication Leader you will have a crucial part in strengthening the IKEA innovation culture and the perception of IKEA as an innovative company. You will be responsible for the communication agenda in the areas of Shared Solution Development and Material & Innovation Development, working to secure the effective use of communication as a strategic tool by capturing and communicating stories based on the IKEA innovation approach.
As a Communication Leader of Shared Solution and Material & Innovation Development you will:
• Lead planning of Shared solution Development and Material & Innovation Development communication plans
• Contribute in creating area strategy & development plans
• Lead throughout planning, creating and executing communication flows and content
• Coach and challenge managers and leaders in taking action to lead through communication
• Identify, develop and contribute in execution of communication competence development
• Produce communication material
• Lead internal/external resources in communication material production
• Lead selected “communication projects” on total New Business & Innovation agenda
This position requires a good understanding of strategic internal communication and how communication can support and enable the business. You need to be curious and have a strong interest to develop your business knowledge within the area. To be able to succeed in the role you need to be a confident writer with the capability to turn strategic messages into clear, simple and inspiring communication, relevant for various target groups.
You build trustworthy relationships and have a genuine interest in people’s everyday life at home. With strong coaching skills you have the ability to consult and challenge leaders to understand the underlying needs and to come up with solutions and alternatives. You enjoy working in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and have the capability to stay calm despite tight deadlines.
To be able to succeed in the role you should have:
• Experience of working with strategic communication in an international business environment
• Experience of leadership, and leading in a changing environment
• Strong ability to translate local, regional and global business needs into communication plans
• Experience in setting and implementing action plans and providing clear direction and following up goals
• Ability to focus, structure and prioritize between actions
• Excellent English skills, written and spoken
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. Take the opportunity to join fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic and multi-cultural environment and send us your application in English already today! We are looking forward to getting to know you better. The last application day is March 27th.
If you have any questions regarding the position, contact Recruitment specialist Fanny Trossö on +46 (0) 708303335.
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA globally with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg three times a day.