Category Sourcing Specialist
- Älmhult, Sweden
Do you want to lead sourcing activities in a global environment? If yes, this might be the perfect challenge for you! At IKEA Components we contribute by our strong performance in price, quality and delivery performance towards the IKEA suppliers; and by developing and offering shared solutions. Shared solutions are components and fittings which can be used in several IKEA products. In this way we gain economy of scale advantages for IKEA and thereby generate customer benefits.
As a Category Sourcing Specialist you will be working in our Category Assembly & Accessories together with segment leaders and business teams all around the world.
From this position you will lead and secure that all products within your area of responsibility are sourced with optimal global sourcing set-up. You will contribute with material and production knowledge in the product development process and ensure that material and choices of techniques related to cost, capacity, quality and sustainability are in-line with supplier production capabilities.
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden but with a global responsibility. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
In this role you will report to Category Manager Mikael Sernelin.
About the assignment
• You will contribute with material and production competence from a total cost perspective
• You will be responsible for securing optimal global sourcing set-up for a specific range including assessing sourcing risk and scenario planning
• You will be responsible to define most suitable development suppliers
• You will lead the Purchase Development Process and RFQs
To be a successful Category Sourcing Specialist we would like you to have:
• 3-5 years of experience in related field of work
• University degree in technology, business administration or corresponding knowledge
• Good knowledge of business development & supplier capabilities
• Experience in supply chain with some basic finance knowledge
• Leadership skills and it’s an advantage if you have project leader skills
• Overall view with both operational and tactical thinking
• Deep knowledge of value chain and value chain analysis
As a person you are:
• A strongly business minded team player
• Highly motivated, decisive and analytical
• Communicative and with good ability to build relations
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
You will work in an environment where your ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”.
We will be interviewing continuously. So don't delay, please send us your application in English as soon as possible, until December 15th at the latest! If you have questions regarding the recruitment process please contact Kristyna Brabcova at +46 733 427 586.