Operations Developer in Transport and Services - IKEA Purchasing and Logistics North Europe
- Ikeagatan, 343 36 Älmhult, Sweden
What is IKEA Transport and Services Area North Europe?
IKEA Transport North Europe is responsible for direction, development and performance of transportation. We are 130 passionate co-workers, located in Poland, Russia and Sweden.
Transport Area North Europe is part of IKEA Purchasing Services (Sweden) AB and is responsible for the steering, coordination and development of IKEA transportation.
IKEA Transport and Services Area North Europe is part of IKEA Purchasing and Logistics North Europe. Our task is to define, develop, implement and manage the Transport operational and administrative processes to support the stability and growth of IKEA. That is why we are looking for someone who can be part of a business team with the responsibility to create and maintain sustainable transport set-ups in close cooperation with external and internal business partners within IKEA supply chain.
Right now we are looking for an Operations Developer, a change-driver who likes to renew and improve, always strive to reach goals with high level of energy and motivation.Someone who enjoys interacting with many different people and networks from inside and outside IKEA.
The assignment will include:
- Initiates,secures and steers improvements within given and new delivery solutions from both sender and receiver perspective.
- Secures quality demands in operations in cooperation with stakeholders and service providers.
- Sets and maintains regular communication forums with concerned operational Supply Chain stakeholders, where operational problems and opportunities can be discussed and solutions agreed.
- Assures that the agreed transport setups and constraints are defined and available in the system in
order to achieve full availability at lowest possible costs.
- Actively contributes to transport planning by providing inputs for short/ midterm forecasting and defining required capacity.
- Maintains, follows up and improves Dispatch and Delivery Lead Time.
- Coordinates and actively contributes to solving problems in the transport operations activities
We think that you in this assignment have to be good I term of analytic skills and the ability to be creative in order to find new improved ways of working.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- University degree in logistics, economics, business administration or relevant working experience.
- Good knowledge of functions within IKEA Supply Chain and how they contribute to the process.
- Knowledge and experience of meeting and interacting with external partners.
- Experience in the developing ways of working.
- Good presentation and communication skills both in written and verbal.
- Computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in English.
Hej,This position is based in Älmhult, Sweden and we look forward to receiving your application in English as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you.
This position was posted 2017-11-22 and may be online up to 3 weeks following this date. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate. Please note we do not accept applications by e-mail. If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact recruiting manager Tomas Johansson at +46 766190082.
If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview.