3D Technical Developer
- Älmhult, Sweden
What is IKEA Communications
IKEA Communications is where the IKEA offer comes to life in communication that inspires the many people. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working when developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about business & people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we are able to choose where, when and how we work.
Here it is. Your chance to bring your innovative mind and passion for 3D to the most influential small town in the world.
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of nowhere? In Älmhult you can. Älmhult, Sweden is home to IKEA Communications AB, aka ICOM. ICOM produces IKEA.com, which is visited around 2.1 billion times a year. We're also behind the IKEA catalogue with a yearly circulation of around 220 million copies. On top of that, we churn out a ton of content for social media, not to mention motion media and 3D work so cutting edge that it makes the folks in California sit up and take notice. So what happens in Älmhult definitely doesn't stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSITION WILL BE BASED IN ÄLMHULT, SWEDEN
Right now we're looking for a 3D Technical Developer, someone who’s always on the outlook for 3D improvement and innovation. Someone with the talent of leading and developing technical requirements. That someone with innovative mind and lateral thinking, who could ensure that major changes to system are successfully delivered.
Our 3D business is growing in every dimension and we're looking for talented 3D Technical Developer. Is this the next challenge for you?
In the role you will:
- Develop technical solutions for 3D projects in production
- Close working relationship with 3D Artist and end users for the production assignments.
- Develop production briefs with 3D leads, Project leads and Assignors.
- Create project roadmaps for processes and best ways of working.
- Responsible for publishing tools in for 3D artist and being agile during production.
- Be part of the development of the model variants such as LOD, real-time, dynamic resolution.
- Analyze together with the team on what is the smartest approach to production problems.
- Be part of developing the technical road map standard with DOIT (Development Operations IT)
- Develop documentation for work flows and tools which are created.
- Be responsible for schedule and briefing of external developers/DOIT.
- Keep up with evolution of technical standards across different industries
To be successful in this role, we think you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science related area.
- Ability to analyze and brief DOIT (Development & Operations IT) for assignors and outsourcing.
- Experience and knowledge of 3D Production Processes, PLM systems, Media Production as well as familiarity with VR & AR.
- Deep knowledge in 3Ds Max, Nuke. (Maya TD’s also relevant, though 3Ds Max is the pipeline).
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills, and collaborative mindset.
- Production experienced in python.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
We will be attending SIGGRAPH 2017 in Bangkok (the world’s largest, most influential annual conference and exhibition in computer graphics and interactive techniques), so let´s meet there and explore the role together!
This position was posted 2017-10-30 and may be online up to two weeks following this date.We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
What is IKEA Communications?
The mission of IKEA Communications (ICOM) is to create and produce excellent communication that positions IKEA as a strong, unique and meaningful brand. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working in an everlasting journey of developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about people. The work environment should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we are able to choose where, when and how we work.