Graphic Communicator - IKEA Communications
- Älmhult, Sweden
What is IKEA Communications
The mission of IKEA Communication (ICOM) is to create and produce excellent communication that positions IKEA as a strong, unique and meaningful brand. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working in an everlasting journey of developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we are able to choose where, when and how we work.
Älmhult has good commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund, Växjö and IKEA shuttle bus to Helsingborg back and forth several times per day.
Here it is. Your chance to bring your animation and interactive skills, together with your passion for assembling a customer experience in the most influential small town in the world.
Can you really reach out to the whole world, while working in a tranquil idyll in the middle of Småland? In Älmhult you can. Älmhult, Sweden is home to IKEA Communications AB, aka ICOM. ICOM produces IKEA.com, which is visited around 2.1 billion times a year. We're also behind the IKEA catalogue with a yearly circulation of around 210 million copies. On top of that, we churn out a ton of content for social media, not to mention motion media and 3D work so cutting edge that it makes the folks in California sit up and take notice. So what happens in Älmhult definitely doesn't stay in Älmhult. It reaches practically every corner of the globe.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSITION WILL BE BASED IN ÄLMHULT, SWEDEN
Right now we're looking for a Graphic Communicator for Assembly Instructions, that someone who knows how to search for ways to communicate without a single word. Yet, is never speechless, but dives into collaboration development and togetherness in the assignment of global communication.
The Inpackage Communication department reaches every customer through every package that ends up in the homes of the many people. Our assignment is to make sure that an excellent customer experience continuous through the assembly or use of the product. We make the everyday life better by ensuring an easy to understand product communication.
As Graphic Communicator you will work with communication in packages of the IKEA range. We communicate to the customer with our well known global manner in for example assembly instructions where illustrations and animations are essential beyond the written word.
The assignment will include:
- Produce and deliver communication solutions for the assignor, which includes but not limited to assembly instructions, advice and instructions and law and warnings, within a given framework.
- Create and develop new templates and communication together with our assignors.
- Lead and steer own projects within the assignment.
- Build and maintain good relations within own team, ensuring close cooperation with assignors, suppliers and other IKEA units, towards the development of the projects according to assignment.
- Ensure our sub-suppliers meet the quality requirements.
- Take initiative towards developing new and more efficient working methods and tools.
- Participate, contribute and ensure the purpose of your role is added in the decisions taken in the many groups you are part of.
We think that you in this assignment have to be able to identify new trends around the world that can bring value to the interactive package communication at IKEA. You are a visionary fascinated to work in a proactive way and sharing your own ideas. You are self-reliant and motivated, driven with a creative mind and a proven ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A university degree within the field of Technical communication, 3D Communication, interactive animation or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience in creating graphics and layouts in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign, technological or gaming engine experience.
- Knowledge of 3D tools and software’s.
- Good communication skills as well as fluency in English, both written and spoken.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate. Please note we do not accept applications by e-mail.
If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview.