Product Engineer - Appliance - SZ
- Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead the engineering and quality implementation/industrialization of new products, as well as improvement of existing range to secure quality and compliance to all requirements.
- In cooperation with IoS (HFB) and suppliers for new products, moving products to new suppliers as well as improving existing products according to the principles of Democratic Design.
• Lead and involve the right resources in Purchasing to secure the product development (NEWS and MOVES) projects of medium or high complexity are delivered on time and with quality
• Lead product development at the factory floor from a technical point of view and secure scalability for further implementation at other suppliers
• Participate in Contract Review and lead implementation of product documentation connected to new articles as well as product improves
• Secure that the product is at correct quality level according to IKEA Documentation (including packaging and P0010, tested, and complying with relevant Standards, Demands, and Guidelines)
• In cooperation with supplier and Product Compliance specialist, secure and verify that all IKEA requirement documents are correct, complete and available in the IT system at first delivery
• Contribute to the development projects from a technical perspective, with competence in construction, material, production, quality and customer expectations
• Actively identify put forward and execute Product Improvements with priority to satisfy customers, as well to utilize material and energy in an efficient way
• Conduct Production Risk Assessments for new products together with production engineer
• Together with supplier organize and secure product is started according to working methods in purchasing
• Register product and arrange for Gate check before First Delivery
• Secure the 1st batch production and First delivery inspection are completed and approved
• Education background: University Degree with major in Technical/Engineering, prefer oversea education background.
• Job background: Kitchen Appliance industry, or similar industry background.
• Fluent in English in both written and spoken.
• Good knowledge of Appliance product, requirement, standards, and test methods etc.
• Experienced with new product development and introduction process
• Good knowledge on different market(CN, EU and other Asia market)
• Strong project leading skill;
• Good business/market sense.
• Good communication and interaction skill
• Driving and young potential
• Capability of navigating in a complex organization and complex business context.
Foreigner candidate is acceptable.