- Älmhult, Sweden
You see things a little differently. So do we.
We believe that your values are more important than your CV.
Come see things a little differently with us.
N.B. Location Älmhult or Delft.
About the job
We are searching for a Learning Designer with experience to strengthen our team. In this role you will be designing world class learning solutions based on customer and business needs. You will be part of building learning design knowhow within IKEA that will support our assignment to enable all IKEA people to develop their competence. In this role you will be reporting to the Learning Design Manager at IKEA Competence Development.
• have an up-to-date background in learning as well as in competence- and leadership development?
• have experience in developing learning solutions with a technology component, preferably in an international context?
• have knowledge and experience in interactive learning and e-learning?
• have knowledge how digital learning solutions can be fit in a broader digital landscape?
• have a fluency in English, spoken and written?
• have a passion for people’s life at home?
• have a passion for the IKEA vision and the IKEA culture and values?
• have a passion for a humanistic and democratic approach to learning in business?
• have a passion for people and their professional competence development?
• have a passion to learn and develop every day?
• have a strong communication and facilitation skills?
• have a strong ability to analyse and interpret target groups and learning needs and the ability to work with the known and explore the unknown?
• have a strong ability of taking a holistic view, recognizing interdependencies in learning processes and ability to connect this to learning in the business?
• have a strong ability to conceptualize, develop and implement world class learning solutions?
• have the capability to build trust and relationships with people?
Then this position is perfect for you!
About the assignment
Main areas of responsibilities:
• Explore global learning trends to allocate and innovate tests on new learning formats that suit the IKEA approach to learning and competence development
• Perform in-depth analysis of learning needs and target groups towards the defined learning impact
• Design learning solutions according to Learning in the Business, IKEA culture and values, intercultural learning approaches and in consistence to the whole learning solutions range
• Design change architectures when the learning needs indicate the need for a change process in which one or more learning solutions play crucial but not the only part.
• Monitor and steer the implementation of the learning design during production, test and implementation of the learning solution
• Develop and maintain learning design principles in guidelines and frameworks for competence development
• Brief internal and external suppliers regarding all aspects of the pedagogical approach and secure seamless learning experience for users.
IKEA Competence Development – one of the business units within Inter IKEA Systems B.V. This unit has an exciting global assignment: to strengthen the IKEA culture and enable IKEA people to develop their competence to meet customer and business needs. Our ambition is to make IKEA one of the most loved and trusted brands in the world.
We will contribute to strengthen the IKEA brand and increase customer satisfaction through securing competent co-workers. We will develop world class learning solutions with clear IKEA identity founded on IKEA culture and values and Learning in the business principles that delivers true business impact.
Inter IKEA Systems is the owner of the IKEA Concept and the worldwide IKEA franchisor. Our assignment is to continuously develop the IKEA Concept and to ensure its successful implementation in existing and new markets. We are embracing the opportunities arising from a new everyday reality to add more value for today’s and tomorrow’s customers. Our way forward is to keep on being a modern and optimistic brand and work together to fulfil the IKEA vision: To create a better everyday life for the many people.
All IKEA retailers (with the exception of the IKEA store in Delft, the Netherlands, owned by Inter IKEA Systems B.V.) are franchisees and our business partners. 13 different groups of companies own and operate IKEA stores under franchise agreements. Today there are more than 380 IKEA stores in 48 countries.
Inter IKEA Systems offers an exciting work environment in a global marketplace with exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Do you feel challenged and inspired by what you have seen in this job ad? If “yes!”, please apply before the 17th of September. We are looking forward to your application!
For further information about the assignment, please contact recruiting manager Åsa Dourén, +46 76 619 07 42. For the recruitment process please contact Johanna Stjernkvist (HR), +46 723-527624