Requirement Engineering Development Leader - EQR (Engineering, Quality and Requirement)
- Älmhult, Sweden
Requirement Engineering Development Leader - EQR (Engineering, Quality and Requirement) Development Matrix
IKEA of Sweden, Älmhult
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
For a person to succeed in this role there is a need for great communication skills together with the ability to easily create trustful relationships and make all involved stakeholders work towards overall goals and strategies. Capacity to lead senior resources without a formal reporting structure, and to lead change and improvements in a complex global environment is required, preferably within IKEA. The ability to combine product market requirements, customer requirements and other business decision into balanced decisions is a must. Leading according to the IKEA values and a passion for home furnishing is crucial.
To be successful in this role, you will be having:
• Leadership experience from product development and international business, preferably in the consumer goods sector.
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the IKEA Value Chain, the development process, and the prerequisites of the Supply and Retail organisations.
• Deep business and product knowledge on operational level, as well as strategic level. Knowledge, experience and feeling for home furnishings; customer needs, legal demands and trends
• Deep knowledge of requirement engineering and good understanding of requirement management, from hands-on to strategic approach. Understanding of business/functional requirements, analysis, specification, verification, management practices and the ability to apply them
• Experience in project management and process development and leading change for technical product development.
• Deep understanding of relevant trends, developments and new technologies when it comes to competence development, ways of working and tools for requirement engineering.
• Great networker and inspiring communicator
• University degree in engineering or equivalent knowledge acquired elsewhere.
• Fluent in English, spoken and written.
About the assignment
As a Requirement Development Leader you are responsible for:
• Developing mid and long term plan for requirement engineering capabilities based on IKEA strategies. Communicating and anchoring the plan with relevant managers and stakeholders throughout the IKEA value chain.
• Leading the execution of actions based on the plan, including follow up and adjustments in plans and actions.
• Managing and leading requirement engineering specialist roles (within Matrix organisation) and securing competence.
• Lead the Product Requirement Engineer network in the Business areas.
• Act as grandfather when it comes to recruitment of key positions within requirement engineering.
• Defining, giving input on, and supporting the development of learning initiatives to fill competence gaps.
• Setting requirements and deciding on suitable tools for the organization and improvements in these to make the necessary movements within requirement engineering
• Developing methods and ways of working needed for the requirement engineering role at IKEA of Sweden, e.g. regarding converting needs into functional requirements and verification methods and ensuring that compliance is an integrated part of the product development and total product life cycle.
• Participating in IKEA global networks to build and align “one IKEA” approach within requirement engineering. Work to strengthen cooperation between connected areas in the different matrixes.
• Participating in external networks for benchmarking and enhance knowledge within requirement engineering area.
• Acting as subject matter expert in projects related to requirement engineering and management.
Are you up for the challenge? Then this just might be for you!
About the job
A solid definition of Product requirements are essential to enable development of high performing products on all aspects of Democratic Design, i.e. Form, Function, Sustainability, Quality and Price. And especially when thinking about the customer needs and behavior aspects!
We are looking for a Requirement Development Leader who can lead the work of developing the IKEA products in fulfillment of legal and customer requirements – for today and tomorrow! The Requirement Development Leader is responsible for securing competence, tools, and way of working with product requirements in the product development process. Product requirements are essential to enable development of high performing products on all aspects of Democratic Design, i.e. Form, Function, Sustainability, Quality and Price.
IKEA of Sweden is a truly global environment, with colleagues from all over the world and therefore you need to be fluent in English, both verbal and written. You will work in an environment where your ideas are heard, where there is opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”.
The position is located in Älmhult, Sweden. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö and an IKEA shuttle bus back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
We will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. So don't delay, please send us your application in English today!
We look forward to receiving your application in English, at the latest 31st August 2017.