Labor Relations Specialist
- Danville, VA
IKEA Industry is the largest producer of wooden furniture in the world and manufactures wood-based furniture for IKEA customers. Together with external IKEA suppliers, we represent the IKEA production capacity.
- Directs and coordinates preparation of competence profiles, ensures FLSA classification compliance and oversees job evaluations.
- Administers and interprets various labor agreements, administers grievance procedures, and provides labor relations support during contract negotiations.
- Acts as a liaison between department managers and union representatives.
- Provides advice and counsel to managers and supervisors regarding personnel practices, policy and employment laws.
- Administers unemployment insurance processes, reviews liability reports, monitors program costs and recommends policy changes to the director of human resources.
- Directs the development of staffing strategies.
- Handles college relations and oversees various sourcing and internship programs.
- Manages relocation, immigration and other responsibilities related to staffing administration.
- Ensures compliance with all state and federal discrimination and employment regulations.
- Supports the HR Team with various projects and initiatives.
- Creates strategies and provides recommendations to existing policies in accordance with IKEA culture and values.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends and best practices to provide recommendations and future plans for a healthy workforce.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to take on additional tasks as defined or required.
- Master's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Five years of experience in a position of responsibility and supervisory duties.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong knowledge in all areas of the human resource function.
- Proven skills in partnering with business leaders to increase overall unit performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.