Senior Elixir Developer
- Arlington (or Remote), VA, United States
Intellispark is a mission-driven K-12 education technology company building a new SaaS solution to improve the way educators, families and communities collaborate to help students succeed. Intellispark is backed by leading ed-tech investors and is led by an experienced team of entrepreneurs who know the market well and have previously succeeded in this space.
We are looking for a senior Elixir developer to help build the foundation of a complex B2B web application and the API supporting our mobile applications. This is primarily a backend development role utilizing Elixir/Phoenix/Absinthe/Postgres. You will be part of a small focused team that ships frequently as we iterate with feedback from early adopter customers. This is a great opportunity to work on a greenfield tech stack and have a large influence on the trajectory of a company, product and engineering team. The entire team currently works remotely although most of us are based near Arlington VA. This position can be remote as long as you are within the continental United States or if you are located in Toronto, Canada.
- Experience with Elixir is strongly preferred but not an absolute requirement. At a minimum you should have senior and broad production experience with a modern development language and web framework such as Python/Django, Ruby/Rails, Scala/Play, etc.
- Experience with creating/modifying APIs
- Strong data modeling, data manipulation, architecture and testing skills
- Track record of shipping real-world software and a customer-centric mentality
- You are comfortable in a small team/startup environment where pragmatism and drive to ship is crucial
- Ability to communicate clearly and interact well with product managers and other stakeholders
In addition to the above qualifications, you should
- live within the continental United States or Toronto, CA
- Speak and write English fluently
- Be willing to travel a few times a year for company meetings