Full Stack Developers
- Arlington, VA, USA
Intellispark is a mission-driven education technology company focused on helping PreK-12 schools, families, and communities implement a new approach to promoting student success. Parents and educators agree that education is about much more than academic proficiency, yet today education data mostly means grades and test scores. It’s time to give schools, families, and communities the instrumentation they need to measure development of the whole child, at scale. But, measurement isn't enough. We need to combine measurement with action. We are working to ensure that every child gets the support she needs to succeed in school and in life.
This is an opportunity to help establish the early foundations of a green field B2B SaaS application. You will be working with an experienced team of entrepreneurs and product developers who know the market well and have previously succeeded in this space. This is a many-hats role for someone who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty in any part of the stack or some dev ops and enjoys being close to customers and part of product design discussions. On the done<->perfect continuum, we are heavily in the done zone at the moment, but that doesn't mean ridiculous hours, no planning or no tests. It means you should have a bias toward shipping and be comfortable with an iterative, exploratory process that prioritizes customer impact. Our goal is to grow rapidly and build a large and sustainable business that serves tens of thousands of schools and millions of students. We've done it before and we plan to do it again. Along that journey there should be a lot of opportunity for you to grow and challenge yourself. Compensation is competitive and salary/equity mix can be negotiated depending on your needs and what you bring to the table.
- Demonstrable experience and skill with full-stack web development
- Several years experience with a modern framework like Rails, Django, Spring, Laravel, etc. or React, Ember, Vue, Angular, etc. is ideal
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational DB is desirable
- Ok if you are mostly strong in back-end or front-end as long as you're willing to pitch in where you can or learn what's needed. If you're not sure, let's talk - we'll make room for great talent
- We are starting with Rails/React but this will probably evolve and expand into a wider range of tools as the product grows.
- Good communications skills and a willingness to put forth ideas are really critical for this early stage role.
Individuals seeking employment at Intellispark are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Your application will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.