Licensed Master Social Worker
- 1981 Marcus Ave, New Hyde Park, NY 11042, USA
Integra MLTC, Inc. (“Integra”) is a Medicaid Managed Long Term Care Plan that serves Medicaid beneficiaries in need of long term supportive services to help them live in their home and community. Integra serves frail seniors and adults requiring long term care services, aged 18 and over. Integra’s service areas include the five boroughs of New York, Nassau, Suffolk, and Westchester.
Mission: To assist frail elderly and adults who require long term care services to live safely and independently in their home for as long as possible while maintaining their health and wellbeing.
Vision: Integra aspires to be the preferred plan of choice for individuals in need of quality long term care. By consistently delivering best care and services, they want to be the most trusted plan in the metropolitan New York area.
Bilingual Preferred - Spanish, Bengali, Mandarin, Cantonese
The Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) is an integral part of the Care Management Team. The LMSW works in conjunction with the care manager, and care management coordinator. All members of the care management team interact with the member, thereby assuring continuity for the member in the delivery and coordination of services. A care management supervisor will support the care management team on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews member’s psychosocial and environmental status
- Follows up on member’s social, family, psychological, and behavioral issues
- Serves as primary contact with member’s behavioral health service providers
- Identifies and facilitates access to community resources
- Counsels the member on social service issues and provides education/coaching on self-management or care giving by family members
- Assist the member to obtain other entitlements
- Develop, facilitate access to services, and partner with community resources to address the needs of assigned members
- Develop and facilitate services that provide education, screening, and advanced assessments for assigned members throughout the continuum of care
- Consult with other community agencies and committees to identify potential resources for resolving clients health, psychosocial, or financial problems
- Function as a liaison to external agencies and shares information to others, which may impact care and/or services of members; including social day programs, skilled nursing facilities and acute settings
- Perform other appropriate duties as assigned. (i.e., disaster relief and other community based promotion activities.)
- Collaborate with patient, caregivers, physicians, and other providers to develop a comprehensive plan of care
- Assists in implementation of care plans as necessary, particularly for members with cognitive, behavioral, and/or other social issues
- Effectively communicate care plans and other client-related activities both verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel and agencies
- Communicate with physicians and other health care team members regarding necessary changes to care plan that promote optimal medical, social, and behavior performance
- Coordinate and develop educational opportunities/programs related to assigned members for a variety of stakeholders (i.e., the healthcare system, community, employers, health departments, members and their families)
- Develop and conduct educational opportunities/programs that promote best practice in the management of various populations
- Manage member care in collaboration with care team and providers and community resources
- to facilitate and implement discharge planning and transitional care
- Coordinate primary and secondary prevention opportunities that promote early identification and intervention for various at risk populations (i.e., depression)
- Provide leadership in population based health improvement
- Assist in development of strategic long range plans in the area of specialization
- Maintain and advance knowledge and skills in areas of specialization
- Utilize advanced assessments to evaluate and communicate effectiveness of comprehensive plan of care
- Promote and participate in quality improvement (QI) activities through data analysis and collection
- Change practice behavior as a result of data
- As a member of CMT, may also participate in, or perform the following functions; identify, address and report quality issues
- NYS license and current registration as LMSW
- Minimum of two years of experience in clinical practice; in direct client care to acute and chronically ill clients in outpatient and inpatient settings
- Experience in managed care and/or care management
- Experience with geriatric population or long term care services
- Evidence of progressive leadership and advanced teaching and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Medicaid entitlements and eligibility requirements
- Demonstrated ability to use teaching, learning, and counseling skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide service appropriate to the age of the patient
- LCSW preferred
Integra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on any characteristics protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If this opportunity sounds exciting and challenging to you, please click “Apply” now!