Adjunct Nursing Faculty
- 2520 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Instituto del Progreso Latino is a community organization whose mission is to contribute to the fullest development of Latino(a) immigrants and their families through education, training and employment that fosters participation in the changing U.S. society while preserving cultural identity and dignity. Founded in 1977 to help Latino’s learn basic skills, pass the civil service exam and obtain higher paying post office jobs, Instituto has grown to a flourishing educational center serving over 14,000 Chicago families per year.
The adjunct nursing faculty will provide instruction (theory or clinical) in their area of expertise to a diverse student population. Courses may be offered during the day and evening. The adjunct nursing faculty reports to the Associate of Dean of Nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the mission of Instituto College and the nursing program while adhering to policies, procedures, and standards of the institution, program and regulating bodies.
- Provide student-centered teaching to a diverse student population using best practices
- Create a classroom environment that encourages mutual respect and supports student learning
- Demonstrate a collegial, collaborative and positive attitude
- Adhere to the course syllabus and use course approved textbooks and supplemental material
- Review the course syllabus and expectations with students during the first class meeting
- Attend mandatory faculty meetings
- Maintain designated office hours to meet the needs of the students
- Respond to student, faculty, college staff, and Associate Dean of Nursing emails using college designated email in a timely matter.
- Maintain high academic standards while demonstrating equitability and fairness
- Maintain record (including class attendance) and submit student grades electronically in a timely manner.
- Ongoing assessment of student’s performance with timely feedback
- Collaborate with clinical education partners in instructional delivery and supervision of student learning in the clinical setting, including, but not limited to, orientation, adherence to agency policies/procedures, communication with members of the healthcare team, and student clinical evaluation.
- Engage in ongoing personal and professional development and scholarly activities.
- Participate in curriculum development, outcomes assessment, accreditation and planning activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Nursing Program.
- Master of Science in Nursing.
- Current Professional Nurse (RN) licensure registered in Illinois.
- Evidence of CEU’s as required for license renewal
- Current CPR
- Minimum 1- 2 years teaching experience preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience with at least two years in area of specialty (Medical-Surgical/Mental Health preferred)
- Strong foundation in evidence-based teaching or clinical practice. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
This position requires a strong commitment to evidence-based teaching and diversity while incorporating technology and innovation in the delivery of instruction. Adjunct nursing faculty must also possess the following:
- Excellent time management, organizational, writing, as well as analytical skills. Be culturally competent with the ability to represent the organization and program with positive and professional poise.
- Ability to work independently, and be a positive and proactive participant within a multidisciplinary team.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Dependable and punctual, must report absences in a timely manner to the Associate Dean of Nursing
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, react to unpredictable events quickly and efficiently, be resourceful, and able to manage conflict and challenges.
Submit cover letter with resume, salary expectations, a completed application, and any other information listed above as “additional attachments” when you apply.
Instituto del Progreso Latino is an Equal Opportunity Employer