- 2520 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Instituto del Progreso Latino is a community organization whose mission is to contribute to the fullest development of Latino(a) immigrants and their families through education, training and employment that fosters participation in the changing U.S. society while preserving cultural identity and dignity. Founded in 1977 to help Latino’s learn basic skills, pass the civil service exam and obtain higher paying post office jobs, Instituto has grown to a flourishing educational center serving over 14,000 Chicago families per year.
The receptionist provides high level customer service to the organization by welcoming guests and providing support to clients, students, and staff. The receptionist will be responsible for answering and directing incoming calls to appropriate staff, mail distribution, as well as additional clerical duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Professionally administer and screen all incoming calls
- Open and date stamp all general correspondence
- Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Respond to general inquiries related to the organization
- Perform clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing
- Sign for and distribute UPS/Fed Ex/Courier
- Announce visitors and direct persons to correct destination
- Other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience in administration
- Ability to maintain a high sense of confidentiality
- Able to work with a wide variety of people
- Team player and willing to take on multiple tasks at once and independent worker, requires minimal supervision
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Above average “customer” service attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong telephone skills and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Dependable and punctual
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and effective management of multiple projects at one time
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, react to unpredictable events quickly and efficiently, be resourceful, manage conflict and challenges
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
Submit cover letter with resume, salary expectations, a completed application, and any other information listed above as “additional attachments” when you apply.
Instituto del Progreso Latino is an Equal Opportunity Employer