Online Facilitator (PT, IJLA)
- 2520 S Western Ave, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
Interested in Competency Based Education? Consider joining our team!
We are looking for DYNAMIC teachers passionate about re-instilling the love of learning to close skill gaps for all students. If you are interested in being part of a team that is using a personalized learning approach to build student’s competencies in core subject areas, we want to speak with you.
Instituto Justice and Leadership Academy (IJLA) is an alternative high school in Chicago’s Pilsen community serving at risk and underserved youth ages 16-21 years of age. IJLA is a small school serving a maximum of 165 students, of whom are 99% Latino, 99% low income and 90%+ first generation college goers. We are looking for mission-aligned and data-driven teachers to build student’s love for learning, their critical thinking skills and actively prepare them to be college and career ready.
The Online Facilitator reports to the Principal and is responsible for enrolling students in online coursework appropriate to student needs, monitoring and grading student progress daily and providing instructional support for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enroll students into assigned Oddyseware classes according to student’s schedules
- Track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, provide instructional support accordingly and update gradebook weekly
- Grade student assignments daily/weekly, ensure quality of work and reassign where appropriate
- Input final grades at the end of each quarter in Power School. Ensure academic expectations are met at all times
- Participate in collaborative planning, grade level meetings and school wide functions to build staff culture and meet students’ needs
- Implement a clear, positive and consistent behavior management system that aligns to our school wide expectations and Restorative Discipline philosophy
- Hold necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
- Maintain attendance records for all classes taught
- Meet with parents to discuss academic and social progress of students
- Inspire students to reach their highest potential
- Other duties as requested
VALUES AND MINDSETS
- An unwavering belief that a college education is possible for all children
- A strong work ethic and drive to do whatever it takes to meet student achievement goals
- A results oriented mindset and record of achievement
- A data driven approach to teaching and learning
- A growth mindset and hunger to continuously improv
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field preferred
- Strong knowledge of in English, Math or Science preferred
- Experience in a classroom setting, preferably experience working with at risk and low-income students
- Demonstrated commitment to educational equity for traditionally underserved students
- Maintain extremely high expectations of oneself, colleagues; able to communicate these expectations in a direct and motivating way
- Familiar with Restorative Justice practices
- Demonstrate a passion working with young people
- Team player and willing to take on multiple tasks at once and independent worker, requires minimal supervision
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, react to unpredictable events quickly and efficiently, be resourceful, manage conflict and challenges
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
Interested candidates send a completed employment application with a cover letter, resume, salary history and salary expectations. All items can be included as attachments as part of your application.
Instituto is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.