Nurse Care Manager - RN Part-time (Outpatient Behavioral Health)
- 2104 Maryland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. (IBR), seeks a Nurse Care Manager (RN) to join its team. This is a part-time (24 hrs/wk) benefits eligible opportunity to be part of a dedicated team delivering critical health programs and resources to a diverse Baltimore-based clientele in a trauma informed environment.
COVID Protocols: During this unprecedented time, REACH Health Services is utilizing CDC recommended guidelines on social distancing and the use of appropriate PPE. The safety of our staff and patients is of paramount importance to us.
As Nurse Care Manager, you will be responsible for assessing individual holistic patient needs, providing health promotion and disease prevention services, and performing skilled nursing interventions. As an integral part of the overall program's treatment team, you will liaison and consult with internal resources to communicate goals for chronic disease management and co-occurring chronic diseases. The Nurse Care Manager is also the liaison with outside providers, developing and maintaining working relationships with primary care providers and clinics, long term care facilities, and specialty care providers in the community. You will be responsible for collecting and reporting outcomes data to ensure indicated measures are met.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing thorough assessments of individual holistic needs.
- Tracking and documenting assessments and screenings.
- Monitoring hospital and pharmacy data to ensure follow up with appropriate providers.
- Assisting individuals in maintaining/improving their health through health promotion and disease prevention services
- Performing skilled nursing interventions including surveillance, investigation, case finding, creating/maintaining community partnerships, developing policies, procedures and plans, outreach, referral and follow-up, case management, health education - both individual as well as group activities, counseling, consultation, screening and advocacy as needed.
- Maintaining patient records; completing all administrative paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of established diagnostic criteria for substance abuse disorders, drug abuse treatment modalities, and therapeutic intervention techniques.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations governing human subject research, confidentiality, and medication-assisted treatment delivery.
- Knowledge of support systems and community resources available to patients and their significant others.
- Excellent knowledge base in HIV/HCV prevention/treatment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of medical terminology as related to substance use disorder and dependence.
- Ability to carry out duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSN required.
- RN license from the Maryland Board of Nursing, current and in good standing.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in nursing with prior experience in case management, disease prevention and treatment.
Work Schedule: Days, Monday - Friday; 24 hrs/week.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. (IBR), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, fosters an innovative, patient-oriented program within a supportive, mission-focused environment that thrives on teamwork and mutual respect.
Recovery Enhanced by Access to Comprehensive Healthcare
EOE IBR participates in E-Verify