Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) 32 hrs/wk
- 2104 Maryland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. (IBR), seeks a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) to join its team. This is a full-time (32 hrs/wk) benefits eligible opportunity to be part of a dedicated team delivering critical health programs and resources to a diverse Baltimore-based clientele in a trauma informed environment.
COVID Protocols: During this unprecedented time, REACH Health Services is utilizing CDC recommended guidelines on social distancing and the use of appropriate PPE. The safety of our staff and patients is of paramount importance to us.
Reporting to the Practice Manager and with the appropriate direction from medical staff, as the Medical Assistant, you will provide medical and administrative support to the health clinic. Your duties will include:
- Preparing treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping rooms neat and clean.
- Showing patients to exam rooms; interviewing patients to obtain medical information, measuring vital signs, weight and height.
- Helping physicians examine and treat patients, handing instruments or materials to the provider, or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Recording patients' medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Explaining treatment procedures, medications, diets or physicians' instructions to patients.
- Administering required medical tests and screenings; performing routine laboratory tests and sample analyses; performing EKG's.
- Cleaning and sterilizing instruments and disposing on contaminated supplies.
- Performing general office duties such as answering phones or completing insurance forms; greeting patients and logging in patients arriving at clinic.
- Scheduling appointments for patients; contacting medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Completing authorization assessments on new patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Current/Active Certified Medical Assistant certification required.
- At least one year previous experience in patient care required.
- Previous experience in substance use disorder treatment program preferred but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, seeking assistance as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of terminology as related to substance use disorder.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated analytical, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Possess and maintain an upbeat and positive demeanor (voice, posture, facial expression and gestures).
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and agency regulations, policies and procedures governing confidentiality and patient/vendor financial responsibilities.
- Knowledge of computers, and work processing, data processing and medical billing software.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check as required by regulatory agencies.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Work Schedule: Days, Monday - Friday; potential for Saturday shifts.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. (IBR), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, fosters an innovative, patient-oriented program within a supportive, mission-focused environment that thrives on teamwork and mutual respect.
Recovery Enhanced by Access to Comprehensive Healthcare
EOE IBR participates in E-Verify