Outreach Worker (Part-time)
- 2104 Maryland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc., seeks an Outreach Worker to join its team. This is a part-time (25 hours/week), benefits eligible position offering the opportunity to deliver health programs and resources to a diverse Baltimore-based clientele in a trauma informed environment.
COVID Protocols: During this unprecedented time, REACH Health Services is utilizing CDC recommended guidelines on social distancing, the use of appropriate PPE, and telehealth counseling. We are scheduling in-person sessions only when absolutely necessary. The safety of our staff and patients is of paramount importance to us.
The BRITER project, a grant funded program, at REACH engages African American Women and members of the LGBTQ+ community as they seek outpatient behavioral health services. As the Outreach Worker for the BRITER project, you will be responsible for recruitment of participants, providing community outreach and offering various modalities of support services. Your duties will also include connecting with new patients, assisting with scheduling assessments, and acting as a liaison between REACH and the LGBTQ community and community health organizations. This position reports to the Project Coordinator.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year experience working with diverse populations
- lived experience in LGBTQ+ community
- lived experience in substance use disorder recovery
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of gender diversity
- Knowledge of HCV and HIV
- Demonstrated ability to engage patients in services through outreach and follow-up
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Must have own, independent transportation
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- 401k Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
REACH Health Services of the Institutes for Behavior Resources, Inc. (IBR), a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, fosters an innovative, patient-oriented program within a supportive, mission-focused environment that thrives on teamwork and mutual respect.
Recovery Enhanced by Access to Comprehensive Healthcare
EOE IBR participates in E-Verify