Senior Statistical Programmer - Home-based
- 1 Wilson St, Chatham, NJ 07928, USA
Instat Services provides comprehensive statistical services for all phases of clinical development. Our team of home-based experienced statisticians and statistical programmers offers unique skill and experience to our clients. We are a small group of experts, focus on the client relationships, and invest in our employees.
At Instat, we work on exciting projects, use the best technology, have fun and always deliver the best possible quality to our clients. We have zero turnover in employees, and we think you'll enjoy working with us too.
This is a homebased opportunity for candidates living in New Jersey USA.
We're looking for someone who enjoys the challenges of complex clinical data structures and reporting requirements to join our small but growing team of experts, focused on delivering top-notch services in support of clinical research studies. With several clients and projects in multiple therapeutic areas, you will get to work on a variety of exciting challenges and help establish the best and most efficient procedures for data processing and reporting.
- Design and develop SAS statistical programs to import, translate, transform, clean, merge, and code clinical data
- Develop SAS statistical programs to produce tables, listings and figures for clinical research data analysis and reporting
- Work closely with statisticians to construct creative solutions for their analytic tasks, working with them in defining and developing a set of data suitable for their analysis
- Participate in end-to-end efforts to design, develop, and implement efficient procedures and programs to create CDISC compliant data sets (SDTM and ADaM)
- Summarize clinical trial data using Instat's proprietary SAS macro library to produce tables, figures and listings
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of programming procedures
- Debug, troubleshoot, and provide quality review of complex SAS programs
- Performing quality review on SAS programs generated by other statistical programmers and biostatisticians
- Provide training and mentoring to other statistical programmers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of statistics and/or clinical drug development process
- Solid SAS programming skills are required with proficiency in SAS/Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph and ODS. Candidate should be proficient in new features of SAS 9.3+ such as SAS ODS Graphics Procedures and Graph Template Language.
- Must have clear verbal and written communication and be able to communicate in a timely manner
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to manage complexity and change
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are desired
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well with little supervision in a home-based working arrangement
- Training equivalent to a BS, MS preferred, in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 8+ years experience in Statistical Programming using the SAS system in clinical data analysis
- Experience with other programming or scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.