Java application Developer(1-3 Years)
- Lansing, MI
This position functions as an IT application developer for Michigan Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System (MiSACWIS) in the DHHS Child Welfare & Child Support Services Area.
This position provides production support, evaluates possible solutions, develops alternative solutions, recommends technical modifications, and designs, develops, and maintains and enhancements to MiSACWIS application. Serves as a programmer responsible for the design, development, testing, on-going enhancements and documentation of technical architecture, software, databases and security solutions.
Individual tasks/abilities/skills related to the duty:
• Design and document IT solutions when new technology is involved with guidance and review from the solutions architect (SA) to ensure the software architecture aligns with the hardware architecture and other DTMB enterprise guidelines.
• Serves development resource, provides advice and guidance to other development staff.
• Reviews and approves recommended design solutions.
• Performs code review to ensure strategies and applications adhere to State and agency policies, standards or guidelines. Participate in department wide coding standards review.
• Work with the solutions architect to setup the IT application development guidelines/processes.
• Develop/design the coding standards and integration processes/objects/framework that can be leveraged for an IT solution.
• Ability to write complex SQL scripts to analyze/correct data in the system.
• Review and approve application test plans. Incorporate all levels of security, which were identified as system requirements, into test plans.
• Design scripts and coordinate application peer testing, load testing and system integration testing.
• Develop and monitor defect tracking logs and facilitate problem resolution.
• Monitors long term IT solution trends and recommends IT solutions to alleviate persistent problems.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated track record of successfully managing large-scale system and project implementations.
• Strong understanding of the agile software development process.
• Strong object oriented programming knowledge - JAVA, model-view-controller paradigm (Struts open source framework), Object/relational mapping framework (Hibernate).
3 Years of experience with -
Relational Database Management System - ORACLE
IBM Rational Application Developer, ORACLE SQL Developer
IBM Rational Clear Case, IBM Clear Quest
Child Welfare Exprerience
IBM Relational Tool Concert (RTC)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.