Senior PHP Developer
- Forgeside Cl, Cardiff CF24, UK
Instant eCare is a fully licensed online pharmacy, approved by MHRA to dispense medicine for a range of conditions. GPhC regulated offering medication, treatments and free discreet healthcare advice to patients
Our UK based pharmacy provides a free online prescription, enabling you to get the medicines you need delivered discreetly to your door.'
We are innovating within the pharmaceutical industry striving to provide better services to patients through technology and are looking for an experienced developer to join our team.
As a Senior PHP Developer you will work as part of a multi-disciplined team and will bring expertise to projects to ensure they are delivered to a good standard and within the sprints timeframes.
You will help define sprints and consult on estimating, prioritising and the co-ordination of activities within the team. We have a microservice based architecture developed in Laravel and the JAMstack which you will help mature and drive forward with new ideas and a passion to innovate and deliver quality technology-led solutions.
As a Senior you will have real-world experience of delivering software and will want to work with both the in-house and off-shore teams.
We have a monthly business forum where all teams present, and monthly events to let our hair down. On top of our great working environment, you will have access to the fitness room, break out room, pension scheme to which the company contributes and a competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme.
This role will be based in our South Wales offices in Cardiff.
Skills & experience:
Experience of developing in Laravel
- Good understanding and experience with the full LAMP stack
- Familiarity with Linux and server-side architecture
- Database design and architecture
- Experience of building, testing and documenting APIs
- Ability to write well designed, testable and efficient code
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules or micro-services Experience integrating with 3rd parties using APIs / data sources
- Experience with modern tooling such as Git, Travis, etc.
- A passion for investigating and embracing new technologies and languages
- A passion for solving problems and making the experience better for patients Manage individual and team-based tasks effectively
- Improving best practices, standards and processes to deliver high quality solutions
I'd be awesome if you had experience with Kubernetes, VueJS/JAM stack too.
In return you'll receive a great starting salary, brand new iMac, Perkbox subscription and you’ll also get a day off on your birthday too!