Local Market Manager- Denver, CO
- Denver, CO, USA
Inspira isn’t your typical experiential agency. In fact, you might say that we’re a bit out there.
We’re physically out there — creating personal connections between people and brands through real-life experiences. We’re out there in our approach — leveraging our network across the country to get real-time insights that help us create out-there ideas that drive measurable business results.
But, being out there isn’t just what we do — it’s who we hire. We hire people who share our optimistic, engaging, people-first point of view. These professionals aren’t afraid to share their bold ideas and be out there with us.
So, what drives us to be out there? Our mission. We deliver award-winning campaigns for clients in a variety of industries including wine and spirits, CPG, High Tech and lifestyle— all while devoting a portion of our profits towards finding a cure for pediatric cancer.
We are seeking a local manager from June 9 to July 7, 2019. The In-Market Manager is responsible for relevant client management and other event-based personnel to develop/maintain relationships and implement sampling programs and associated experiences in the projected markets. The ability to drive a branded vehicle, Sprinter van or Box truck. The ideal candidate must have enthusiasm, ambition, excellent attention to detail, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work varying days within Monday through Sunday, during non-traditional work hours (weekends and possible nights included).
In Market Manager Responsibilities
- Manage Brand Ambassadors schedule (including arrival/departure and breaks) and provide feedback on performance
- Train BA's onsite
- Complete all reporting
- Communicate with local event point of contact as needed
- Maintain contact/communication daily with Client Experience managers
- Maintain the vehicle at all times and adhere to maintenance timelines
- Asset Maintenance - keep all assets in safe and in perfect working order
- Perform any necessary footprint repairs
- Cross-trained to fill in for field team as needed
- Drive to/from each Retail Locations and warehouses
- Maintain clean space, equipment and overall appearance at ALL times
- Manage set up, execution and tear down of all elements
- Become intimately familiar with the client’s brand, image, language, goals/mission, and expectations in order to be comfortable speaking to these points when required
- Perform to the highest level of excellence (as defined herein) and maintain clear and open communication with Inspira Marketing point of contact at all times
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and positive attitude at all times
- Constantly maintain the highest level of professionalism and excellence when in the field
- Be able to speak knowledgeably on the event specifics
- All staff members should wear the assigned uniform provided or requested by the client
- Promote the client message in a positive manner at all times
- Allow ample time to prepare the event site for activation
- Submit all reports and event photos by the deadline and 100% complete and accurate
- Assure Brand Ambassadors are following rules and procedure at all times
- Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift at least 30lbs repeatedly
- Be knowledgeable of all Inspira Marketing and client personnel on site
- Any additional duties that Inspira Marketing may ask of you
- Minimum 3-4 years tour/in market management experience
- Experience sampling food products
- Comfortable driving a sprinter van or box truck
- Strong network and contacts in the Seattle area
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Outgoing, organized, self-motivated and ability to think on your feet
- Ability to lift 50lb minimum
- Must represent brand with lifestyle
We will provide you with best-in-class training, mentoring and support to ensure your success. You bring your knowledge, passion, drive, and desire to win — we’ll make sure you have the rest!
Inspira Marketing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.