UAS Operator Instructor 3 - Deployable - Relocation Assistance Provided
- White Salmon, WA
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars — Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care — inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do.
Reviews flight training syllabuses, class rosters, students training records and courseware requirements. Determines daily instructional needs/objectives and adjusts content and delivery as necessary. Identifies and schedules training resources to include facilities, hardware/equipment, and flight time availability. Verifies that all resources and daily training content is compliant with contractual and regulatory requirements.
Conducts classroom, practical, flight and simulation instruction in both formal and field environments. Obtains real-time student feedback and adjust delivery to meet training objectives. Assigns student work, administers informal student assessments, performs remedial instruction and completes daily student records and other required documentation. May perform train the trainer activities.
Administers written, oral, practical, flight and simulation student assessments. Measures student performance against established learning objectives and standards. Obtains student feedback and documents outcomes and reviews and/or submits student records.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
- Work is performed under general direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to utilize crew resource management, weight and balance calculations, navigation procedures, airspace, meteorology, air vehicle performance data, communication operations, flight planning, industry regulations, and operator skills.
- Provides timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and effective adaptation to varying interpersonal styles and norms across cultures; takes actions to minimize the stresses of cross-cultural experiences and using them as opportunities for growth.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and productive customer relationships and address customer expectations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of instructional skills (e.g. preparation, delivery, summary, assess student progress, remediation, motivation, engagement, etc.)
- Knowledge of instruction techniques (e.g., analysis of student errors, planning of instructional periods, assessment of progress, laws of learning) for air vehicle.
- Knowledge of instructional media (e.g., stand-up teaching, paper-based, computer-based, and web-based instructional learning and remote learning), computer-based training authoring systems, and multimedia tools (e.g., graphic, video, audio, animation, 3D, simulation).
- Knowledge of presentation techniques (e.g., posture, speaker's relationship to audience, use of intonation and props, use of visual aids and pacing).
- Clearly conveys technical information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Knowledge of Unmanned Air Vehicle Systems (UAS) to include air vehicle, ground segments (e.g., ground stations and mission plans) and supportability.
- Current DoD security clearance or ability to obtain a clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
6-9 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree or 4-7 years related experience with a Master's degree.
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans.