- Bingen, WA
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars — Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care — inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do.
Performs general accounting functions. Prepares routine balance sheet, profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements and other routine accounting schedules and basic financial reports. Marks identified accounting records for retention. Monitors cost classification system and assists in validating inputs. Performs checks to verify straightforward contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and cost control guidelines. Participates in internal audits. Reviews current contract costs and assists in estimating future costs and margins. Participates in forecasting profit and loss and balance sheet elements. Researches and prepares responses to routine accounting related inquiries.
- Limited use and/or application of basic principles, theories, and concepts. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures.
- Work is closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
- Contributions are usually limited to task related activities. Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel in the section or group.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of how to implement/maintain/document effective internal controls and processes to ensure system integrity and compliance with accounting system requirements and company internal control guidelines and requirements. Ability to identify and resolve accounting system issues. Ability to support internal/external auditors and provide assistance regarding implementation and problem resolution. Ability to support development and deployment of accounting systems and tools.
- Knowledge of accounting theory, concepts, and principles (e.g., Financial Accounting Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Knowledge of company organizations, processes, program plans, policies and procedures, and products required to effectively perform functional responsibilities of the occupation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 0-2 years related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans.