Manufacturing Repair Technician 3
- Bingen, WA, United States
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars — Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care — inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do.
Builds, inspects, tests, troubleshoots and repairs and integrates system modules, subsystems, air vehicles and ground control station (GCS) systems. Performs acceptance inspections. Drafts, reviews and edits technical work instructions, check lists, quality documentations and procedures. Performs troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of avionics equipment. Supports engineering with design changes, system testing, data collection and documentation for continuous product improvement and development. Uses and maintains hand and/or power tools. Reviews and completes business and required documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
- Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
- Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of air vehicle maintenance processes, policies, culture, and standard practices (e.g., return to service, normal duties/responsibilities, time constraints, available resources) in order to effectively represent the operator within the company.
- Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities and data needed for defining delivery configurations. Ability to differentiate production processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of parts, materials and processes related to electrical, electronic, electro-mechanical and electro-optical components.
- Knowledge of electrical safety practices (e.g., lockout-tag out, personal protective equipment, grounding).
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Knowledge of electrical/electronic, general purpose and precision measuring test equipment and associated calibration requirements.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance, and retrofit processes and practices (e.g., unplanned event system, technical orders, kitting, overhaul and depot support).
- Knowledge of product maintenance processes, tools, troubleshooting techniques and standards.
- Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, company quality procedures).
- Knowledge of repair concepts including repair station processes, component repair concepts, composites, procedures, and warranty processes and contractual agreements. Knowledge of painting, surface preparation, sealing, soldering, printed circuit board cleaning and conformal coating.
- Ability to use various hand, power driven and specialty tools.
- Knowledge of Unmanned Air Vehicle Systems (UAS) to include air vehicle, ground segments (e.g., ground stations and mission plans) and supportability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School and 4 years of related experience.
Insitu is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans.