- Hood River, OR
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars — Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care — inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do.
Aerospace, software, mechanical, electrical and beyond—Engineering provides technical development and support our products/services and plays an important role in getting our aircraft off the ground.
Insitu is on a growth trajectory, and we want to keep in touch with those who are interested in being part of our mission to deliver decision-making superiority by creating industry-leading integrated systems that collect, process and distribute information for existing and expanding customer markets. Why? We exist to pioneer and innovate in all that we do so that we positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history.
If you don't see a position listed that matches your qualifications, join our talent pool of Mechanical Engineers, so we can keep in touch for future opportunities that are of interest to you.
Our Mechanical Engineers design our mechanical/electro-mechanical products and systems, beginning with evaluating customer requirements, conducting trade studies, make/buy assessments and developing design criteria. They conduct engineering analysis, generate risk mitigation plans and strategies, create proof of concept and perform modeling/CAD analysis and prototype development.
We look for smart, critical and analytical problem-solvers who know:
- How to manipulate data sets, compare measurement data, create stereo lithography files.
- Design requirements, manufacturing processes, materials, prototyping techniques and applicable technologies to build initial concepts through final validation pre-production models; design and drafting methods as applied to manual drafting and/or computer-aided design tools.
- Engineering tests techniques and how to develop test requirements from supporting documentation, test plans, internal and external customers.
- Domestic and international regulations (e.g. FAA or DOD regulations) on the certification of test articles/vehicles to assure compliance.
- Manufacturing methods and fabrication processes and how to select the best method of producing parts, tools or assemblies.
- Product structure, materials strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and processes. Knowledge of polymers and composite materials (e.g., metals, carbon, fiberglass or adhesives).
- Mechanical engineering theories (e.g., compressible/incompressible fluid flow, Bernoulli's Theorem, thermodynamics, control theory, Mohr's theory of stress) and methods/formula selection (e.g., vibration analysis, load calculations, heat transfer, flow, root cause analysis, pressure drop).
Equal Employment Opportunity: Insitu’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated.