- Hood River, OR
Through our unmanned aircraft systems, we exist to continually create products to change the course of history and make a positive impact on people’s lives. As an innovative and change focused organization, Insitu, a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information company delivering superior information to customers through our hardware, software, and technology. We are able to accomplish our vision and mission through our four pillars: Pioneer, Perform, Unite, and Care. Due to the growth at Insitu, we are looking for the best talent to help produce industry-leading systems and processes. With beautiful views of the Columbia River Gorge, wind surfing on the river, and a flexible 9/80 work schedule, with every other Friday off, we strive to create an environment filled with passionate and dedicated individuals. Together, we can continue to provide superior decision-making systems and positively impact the lives of those around us.
If you don't see a position listed that matches your qualifications, join our talent pool of so we can keep in touch for future opportunities that are of interest to you.
Insitu is on a growth trajectory, and we want to keep in touch with those who are interested in being part of our mission to deliver decision-making superiority by creating industry-leading integrated systems that collect, process and distribute information for existing and expanding customer markets. Why? We exist to pioneer and innovate in all that we do so that we positively impact people’s lives and change the course of history.
Insitu is looking for critical, analytical problem-solvers to join our mechanical engineering team. Engineering is at the core of our products and provides technical development and support for all our products and services – our engineers are vital to getting our aircraft off the ground and delivering superior products to customers. Mechanical engineers:
- Provide technical solutions for a wide range of problems through imaginative, thorough, and practical results
- Evaluate customer requirements to ensure quality products tailored to customer needs
- Conduct trade studies to better understand and achieve business objectives
- Conduct, make, and buy assessments to aid in our continuous growth and innovation
- Develop design criteria to satisfy increasing customer demands
- Conduct engineering analysis
- Generate risk mitigation plans and strategies to create and deliver superior products
- Create proof of concept and perform modeling/CAD analysis and prototype development
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to apply mechanical engineering theories to practical designs as this is at the foundation of our products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate cross-functionally among departments and team members
- Experience with computer aided tools including both solid modeling and drafting packages in order to effectively complete tasks
- Experience with Solidworks
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials science, and prototyping techniques
- Knowledge of design and drafting methods including geometric dimensioning & tolerance
- Knowledge of engineering tests techniques, methods, equipment and instrumentation
- Experience using FEA modeling
- Ability to establish test requirements from supporting documentation, test plans, and internal and external customers
- Knowledge of domestic and international regulations (e.g. FAA or DoD regulations) on the certification of test articles/vehicles to assure compliance of design
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering classification
Master’s Degree in an engineering classification
Equal Employment Opportunity: Insitu’s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.