Manager, Engineering (Cubeware)
Insightsoftware is a leading provider of reporting, analytics, and performance management solutions. Over 30,000 organizations worldwide rely on us to support business needs in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, tax, budgeting, planning, HR, and disclosure management. We enable the Office of the CFO to connect to and make sense of their data in real time so they can proactively drive greater financial intelligence across their organization. Our best-in-class solutions provide customers with increased productivity, visibility, accuracy, and compliance. Learn more at insightsoftware.com.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will oversee a team of engineers and work to deliver new versions of one of our Embedded Analytics products.
You are responsible for the delivery of enhancements and fixes to the product through work items planned into sprints and actively participating in project planning, reporting status, and driving the team for results. You will also maintain human resource responsibilities for those people in your charge including goals, measuring productivity, and growth opportunities.
You are the type of person that is a strong team builder and likes to drive for results by identifying and proactively addressing issues. You look to relate new learnings into potential improvements within the teams' processes or day-to-day activities through a mindset of continual improvement.
You work together with Product Management and Support for servicing reselling Partners the best way.
- Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Dedicated to produce stable and well maintained software applications.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and Scrum principles.
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Be inspired by new technologies and projects and look for ways to incorporate new learnings into the day to day.
- 10+ Years experience in Software Development
- 3+ Years Experience Managing Software Developers and Quality Engineers
- 3+ Years Experience in development on C#.NET technology stack
- 3+ Years Experience in implementing web and desktop applications leveraging industry standards
- Experience in writing high-quality, maintainable, and testable code
- Experience leading agile teams.
- Experience with relational databases (like Microsoft SQL Server), query languages (like SQL)
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with contractor management
- Experience with OLAP databases (like TM1)
- Experience with Microsoft Server Analysis Services (MDX)
- Experience with CI/CD build and release pipelines (like Azure DevOps)
- Organised and self-motivated, willing to learn
- Knowledge of financial services, banking or accounting concepts is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical information and negotiate trade-offs with a variety of audiences
- Readiness to contribute to discussions and steer the team to continuously improve, both technically (how the code is designed, or how the product is architected) and process-wise (how we interact as a team)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
Background checks are required for employment with insightsoftware, where permitted by country, state/province.
At insightsoftware, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.