Director, Finance - M&A (Remote)
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
insightsoftware is looking for a Director, Finance – M&A to lead in the end-to-end financial assessment of buy-side acquisitions; including target evaluation, due diligence, transaction execution, and post-closing integration responsibilities. The role will also maintain metrics and KPI’s of acquired company performance, including measures of rate of return and value creation. This role would play a key role in preparation for a sell-side acquisition. In this role, you must be extremely diligent and organized. The ideal candidate will have experience with M&A within a complex organization.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities
- Creating and maintaining Pre-close and Post-close acquisition financial models for acquired businesses
- Project managing a cross-functional acquisition strategy and execution with partnership from the Corp Dev and Integration team’s
- Assisting in the preparation of diligence analyses, investment theses, Executive Team acquisition briefing materials, and Board approval decks.
- Helping to prepare and present internal reports to private equity owners (well-known software investors).
- Building and maintaining an extensive dashboard of acquired company performance
- Overseeing the financial integration process and ensuring execution to achieve committed business case
- Coordinate acquisition knowledge transfer with broader FP&A team for consolidation into company financial reporting and forecasting processes
- Support ad-hoc financial requests
Education / Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Software industry expertise preferred, but not required. Demonstrated interest in technology industry sectors and trends required
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Office experience: Advanced Excel expertise is critical
- Experience with Operational and M&A financial modeling (in Excel)
- Written and oral presentation skills; ability to present concisely and with detail
- Experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to c-suite, board of directors, or other outside partners
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to manage and prioritize multiple business objectives and projects with the proper sense of urgency
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently and function as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, working on conflicting priorities simultaneously, while meeting deadlines
- Willingness to work long hours in an intense environment during a transaction process
- US work authorization is required
What are the perks?
- Opportunity to be part of a fast-growing company – 24 acquisitions in the last 4 years
- Professional growth opportunities on a high performing, rapidly growing team
- You will become part of an amazing culture with a supportive CFO and smart, driven teammates
- We’re a forward thinking company utilizing modern technology to assist you with your role
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **
insightsoftware About Us: Hear From Our Team - InsightSoftware (wistia.com)