Manager, Revenue Accounting (Remote)
insightsoftware is a leading provider of reporting, analytics, and performance management solutions. Over 30,000 organizations worldwide rely on us to support business needs in the areas of accounting, finance, operations, supply chain, tax, budgeting, planning, HR, and disclosure management. We enable the Office of the CFO to connect to and make sense of their data in real time so they can proactively drive greater financial intelligence across their organization. Our best-in-class solutions provide customers with increased productivity, visibility, accuracy, and compliance. Learn more at insightsoftware.com.
The Manager, Revenue Accounting is responsible for managing the revenue accounting function, including but not limited to involvement of technical accounting transactions (acquisitions, contract review), month-end close and reporting, managing the audit, journal entry review, and leading special projects such as acquisition integration.
What will you do?
- Supporting the revenue accounting team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities including month end flux review and account reconciliations
- Managing revenue related functions and collaborating with Sales, Customer Success, Revenue Operations, and other cross functional teams during the day-to-day operations
- Process improvement mindset regarding automation, efficiency, system enhancements
- Driving to reduce the number of days of the monthly close process
- Assists in the integration of newly acquired businesses into the revenue accounting function
- Partnering with external auditors to complete annual financial audits
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation
- Supports and manages Ad-hoc projects as needed
How will you do it?
- Organization and Planning – Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities
- Drive and Discipline – Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on getting the job done
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 4-5 years of accounting experience including mix of Big 4 public accounting and private industry experience with a concentration on software revenue accounting
- CPA designation preferred
- Strong knowledge of ASC 605/606 revenue accounting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels both within and outside the company
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects, and deliverables
- Experience with NetSuite
- Power user of excel
- Acquisition accounting and integration experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **