insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
This position is primarily responsible for timely and accurate monthly processing of Commission and maintaining accounting processes and controls. Requires Commission accounting experience and analytical problem-solving skills.
What will you do?
- Record monthly accruals and deferred commissions expense in accordance with US GAAP.
- Reconcile commission general ledger accounts and commission vs actuals
- Enabling accurate and timely information to the finance team for the purposes cash forecasting
- Support recently acquired subsidiaries commission accounting discovery and system integration
- Communicate with Accounting and Finance for all commission accounting questions
- Supports month end close and audit related tasks
- Work on revenue team projects and process improvements.
- Supports commission acquisition transition tasks
- Producing reports (as required by management)
- Provide commission review backup and monthly CaptivateIQ calculation spot audits
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on a tight timeframe.
- The desire to work in a dynamic environment with changing reporting needs.
- Analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills; ability to proactively and independently resolve complex issues demonstrating technical aptitude.
- The ability to effectively and adeptly communicate (verbally and in writing) with all levels of the organization.
How will you do it?
- Organization and Planning – Plan, organize, schedule, and execute in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities
- Drive and Discipline – Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on getting the job done
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Communication - Communicate effectively with internal teams and cross-functional partners, creating promoters at every touchpoint
- Teamwork - Work cross-functionally to achieve team and individual goals
- Attention to Detail - high-level attention to minute details to ensure accuracy
- Perseverance - Demonstrate focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in commissions calculation
- MBA or Post Graduate degree in accounting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP on Commissions.
- Knowledge of NetSuite and ability to create Ad Hoc reports
- Willingness to work in shifts (support US time zone during month/quarter/year-end)
- Advanced-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Team player, enjoys being part of a group, driven to add value to the position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer employment sponsorship **
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **