Senior Software Engineer
Insight software provides the tools and resources to the office of the CFO to answer critical business questions to drive growth and ROI. The product offering consists of over 70 products (and growing) that provide solutions to companies of varying sizes. Users get real-time data to make the best decisions. Companies who use our products can understand overall costs, return on investment for those costs, and ways to improve their revenue and profit. insight software is unique in that we offer such a wide range of products and solutions for the office of the CFO. Our goal is to better align and market these products for our existing and future customers.
FP&A Solutions – tools that provide real data for the company’s finance department to achieve financial planning and analysis needs
Controllership Solutions – tools that provide data reporting solutions for year-end, tax, and other required financial reporting
Capital Management Solutions – tools that provide insight into the company’s asset management and risk analysis for all equity management needs
insight software was formed in May 2018 from two companies: global software and Hubble. Since then, the company has acquired an additional 19 companies (and growing). Each year insight software targets the acquisition of 2-4 companies. Our goal as a company is to continue to integrate and align as a global organization.
Countries: 15+ countries
Size: 2000+ employees
Clients: 30,000+ organizations
For more details about the organization please visit our website www.insightsoftware.com
We are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer for our software development team. Apart from writing high quality code, you will be responsible for key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement and must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will also be writing low-level C and C++ code for connectivity solutions.
- Driving Sprint Planning and breakdown of tasks.
- Contributing to performance testing & various continuous improvement efforts.
- Strong OS, Data structure and Algorithms fundamentals
- Strong hold on object-oriented programming concepts and their implementation through C++ and/OR Java.
- Experience developing database technologies extremely valuable
- Experience with low-level C and networking is desired, but not necessary.
- Experience programming database APIs such as ODBC and using database tools strongly preferred
- Experience using BI tools such Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and Lumira desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience using any memory and performance profiling tools is required
- Experience working with Agile methodology i.e Participating in all team activities, including sprint retrospectives, thoughtful code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, status reporting for project stakeholders, etc
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of related experience or Master’s degree with a minimum 3 years of related experience or Equivalent work experience
- Programming experience including but not limited to C++ technologies
- A good understanding of database concepts (e.g. working with relational data sources such as MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) and SQL queries
- Experience with such products and tools as Bamboo (Atlassian), Visual Studio Online, Visual Studio, and/or Azure is helpful.
- Ability to lead and mentor others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Development experience on a range of operating system platforms such as Windows ( mandatory ) , Linux, and OS X desirable.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Insight Software is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **