Lead Software Developer
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer to lead a customer facing team within our engineering services group based in Vancouver. Apart from writing high quality code, you will be responsible for leading the team and achieving key deliverables during your team’s software development lifecycle including software design, code reviews, and comprehensive automated tests. The successful candidate will be a proven technical and team leader who can deliver high quality software on time. The candidate will also have a passion for building and growing a team of developers and driving continuous improvement.
- Leading development through the entire product lifecycle from inception to delivery
- Working closely with the project’s management team and directly with the customer
- Leading all team activities including sprint planning, task breakdown, status reporting for stakeholders, etc.
- Supervising the work of other team members including detailed code reviews
- Resolving customer support issues efficiently
- Driving technical design/architecture and championing coding standards and best practices
- Coaching/Mentoring other team members including knowledge sharing sessions
- Leading various continuous improvement efforts
Achievements/Goals within first 6-12 months
- Comprehensive 6-week technical domain training program
- Lead the development and delivery of at least one major product release
- 8 to 12 years of experience in designing and building software, preferably commercial enterprise applications or systems
- 3+ years of experience leading development teams
- Programming experience with a focus on C++ and/or Java - familiarity with other languages is a plus
- Extensive experience developing on Windows / Linux / macOS
- An excellent understanding of database concepts and SQL is preferred
- Experience with low-level networking is preferred
- A passion for high-quality software engineering and technology
- Reliable, driven, and eager to learn
- A Bachelor's Degree in a computing-related discipline
The successful candidate must be in the Pacific time zone and will work primarily in a remote team environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer employment sponsorship **
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the country where the position is located. **