Director Revenue Accounting (Remote)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The insightsoftware Finance team is looking for a Director of Revenue Accounting. The Director will be responsible for the leadership in providing a lens of revenue accounting to the company, and in execution and delivery of all things revenue close, reporting and audit. Your work will include driving strategy through collaboration with Product Management in guidance on new products launches. You will partner closely with FPA in the analysis of monthly revenue results to ensure variances to plan are understood in detail. You will partner closely with the Revenue Enablement team as newly acquired subsidiaries are moved to production on the insightsoftware systems. And you will lead a team of 5 accountants driving improvements in close processes and reporting.
· Manage timely and accurate monthly close process and identify and drive improvements to processes, analytics and reporting to support the broader finance team and external audits.
· Ensure company is audit ready for all things revenue & deferred revenue.
· Lead team of 5 accountants, ensuring consistency in practices, cross training and backups, and high level of performance to meet objectives.
· Represent revenue accounting methodologies, requirements, and GAAP rules to change management processes cross-functionally for the company.
· Work with technology partners to identify opportunities in tools and processes needed to improve delivery of revenue and cost recognition.
· Develop, track and communicate key performance indicators to measure success of revenue accounting function.
This role requires a self-starter, highly organized leader, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable in both detailed transaction flows and in strategic thinking to realign organization and processes. We’re looking for someone who enjoys inspiring change and innovation, understands how process & technology can be used to build better outcomes, and can work across multiple teams to drive alignment for the collective win.
· 10+ years of experience in revenue accounting with SaaS experience required.
· Strong knowledge of both ASC605 and ASC 606 revenue accounting rules.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and change leadership skills
· Ability to think strategically and deliver the right level of detail appropriate to the audience – to be forward thinking and ‘create the future’ of the work
· Consistent track record of handling ambiguity in a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to build positive relationships with peers and senior leadership
· Excellent communication, influencing skills and team member management
· Netsuite experience preferred.
· Salesforce CPQ and/or Salesforce Billing experience highly valued
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably accounting or finance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **