Director of Professional Service, Leader of Project Managers
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Recognized by the North Carolina Technology Association as 2020 “Software Company of the Year” at the NC Tech Awards, insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The Leader of Customer Project Managers ensures all of Customer projects are planned, approved, and implemented to meet Company’s financial and risk review requirements from the start. The role of leadership in project management encompasses a wide range of activities, including effective planning, task coordination, overseeing projects, inspiring team members, and making decisions vital to setting up a plan of action for project implementation.
The person should be able to act with the highest professionalism, exercise independent judgment and decision-making, while weighing the interests of multiple stakeholders.
Reports to: VP, Global Client Success
Essential Job Functions:
- Define and maintain standards for the project management team using Project Management Institute (PMI) guidelines, Quality Standards and Company requirements to implement projects in a manner that introduces economies of repetition, and meets financial expectations established at project start.
- Manage the prioritization of projects proposed by each of the business units to establish project management staffing levels, training, tools, and software across all Business Unit factories that will allow the project teams to achieve the Company’s objectives with respect to given projects
- Provide leadership to ensure proper investments in tools, processes, and people to govern Project Portfolio, Risk Reviews, Document Controls and Project Management training
- Act as senior management to help settle disputes between Owner/Project Manager (Company) and the Contractor/Supplier/Customer to fairly settle project- related contractual and customer satisfaction issues
- Report to Executive Management on all projects at regular intervals (via the Project Development Task Force) to inform management on issues and seek their counsel as required
- Report to outside stakeholders (customers, suppliers, partners) on projects at intervals no less than what is required contractually
- Identify and lead the negotiations to select appropriate contractors (EPC, equipment suppliers, and outage labor) to support execution of Business Development and major maintenance projects
- Provide leadership to ensure assigned staff successfully achieves Company goals and objectives.
- Current PMI Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in scoping implementation services, delivering complex projects on time and on budget and meeting client requirements
- Work experience in software products, including extensive quality and process requirements
- Successful experience in project management and/or related functional area in a Company providing products, services and solutions
- Strong financial knowledge and/or training with a highly developed understanding of operations, project processes and tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
**Please note insightsoftare is unable to provide sponsorship for candidates ineligible to work in stated work location.**
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **