Senior Software Support Engineer - ETL
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Senior Software Support Engineer - ETL at insightsoftware, you are the first line of support for our growing customer base and users of our software. You will be responsible for providing a superior level of support for our customers, working to troubleshoot, document, and resolve technical issues and partnering cross-functionally with our client services, development teams and cloud operations to ensure quality service. If you are driven, results-oriented, love solving problems, customer-focused, and are passionate about technology, then you are a fit for the Senior Software Support Engineer- ETL position at our company.
What will you do?
- Help manage and support Snaplogic (applications third party ETL tool)
- Work with a cloud-based Enterprise Performance Management application Tidemark - A work class Financial Budgeting and Forecast software
- Identify, analyze, and document product bugs and fixes relating to financial reporting, databases, application servers, and new technologies for product management and engineering teams
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls, emails, and chats regarding financial software support
- Interact with customers, partners, and software developers to provide advice and assistance and achieve customer satisfaction
- Meet personal and team call handling quotas
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity
- Handle customer complaints and provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within time limits; follow up to ensure resolution including identifying workarounds and communicating those to customers
- Keep accurate records of customer interactions by documenting them in Salesforce.com
- Maintain a working knowledge of all company products and technologies
How will you do it?
- Problem Solving – Possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities
- Team Work – Communicate effectively and operate in a team environment
- Customer Orientation – Dedicated to providing a high level of customer service
- Empathy – Understand the impact of customer issues
- Attention to Detail – Work carefully and quickly to resolve issues with little room for error
- Flexibility – Operate in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent English Speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Finance and Management Information System, Business Analyst combined with technical courses.
- 3 years background as a business analyst with advancing knowledge of supporting and managing database concepts, or solid 3 years of EPM support
- Understanding of database architecture concepts and how to navigate data lineage
- You have at least 3 years background with ETL tools, Snaplogic or other ETL tools
- SQL language proficiency - prefer postgres
- You have demonstrated independent problem solving skills and the ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- Ability to make sense of something complex
- Professional, courteous, and committed to providing amazing customer support
- Open-minded, positive, and keen to learn
- Great attitude, team player
- Willing to work flexible hours ( If West Coast you can have set hours)
- Knowledge of python, json and other scripting languages
- Rest API's
- Prior experience in a technical support role within a financial environment
- Experience using Salesforce.com and WebEx
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
West Coast hours preferred but will accept other US regions on a rotating shift schedule. Support Hours in the US are 6am Eastern to 5pm Pacific. Rotating pager duty amongst 4 team members.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **