Senior Accounting Manager
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
The Accounting, Senior Manager is responsible for managing the accounting function, including but not limited to oversight of technical accounting transactions (revenue, COGS, debt, equity), month-end close and reporting, journal entry review, cash flow monitoring and the management of special projects such as acquisition integration.
What will you do?
- Lead an accounting team to execute all Corporate accounting processes and activities to ensure compliance with the U.S. GAAP, internal policies and external audit
- Manage the team in day-to-day accounting and month-end close activities, reporting and account and trend analysis for key areas – revenue, COGS, debt/equity
- Playing an integral part of M&A by leading the accounting work post integration. This includes accounting for any debt/equity restructuring and ASC 805 work, including partnering with 3rd party valuation specialists as well as policy, system and process alignment associated with integration.
- Driving to reduce the number of days to close.
- Providing technical guidance and expertise over the treatment of software revenue transactions and other technical accounting transactions and processes
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation
- Manage and monitor day to day cash flow between global entities ensuring the maximization of cash
How will you do it?
- Organization and Planning – Plan, organize, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner; focus on key priorities
- Drive and Discipline – Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on getting the job done
- Enthusiasm – Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 10+ years of accounting experience including mix of Big 4 public accounting and private industry experience
- CPA designation required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting and proven technical research and application skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact effectively with all levels both within and outside the company
- Leadership experience in management role
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
- Software revenue recognition experience
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce
- Power user of excel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **