Director, Product Management
- McLean, VA, USA
Logi Analytics, an insightsoftware company, helps you seamlessly embed custom analytics in your apps—empowering your customers and employees with smarter insights. Logi leverages your existing tech stack, so you can quickly build, manage, and deploy your application. And because Logi supports unlimited customization and white labeling, you have total control to make the application uniquely your own.
Over 2,100 application teams have trusted the Logi platform to help power their businesses with sophisticated analytics capabilities. Logi Analytics is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with offices in Ireland, England, Ukraine, and China. Learn more about what is possible with Logi at LogiAnalytics.com.
Director of Product Management are expected to demonstrate competencies in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery including customer discovery, leadership of the product team, product evangelism, management of their product(s) including prioritization of work, and management of relationships with key product stakeholders. Directors of Product Management are responsible for defining the product strategies and customers outcomes that their product team(s) work to achieve and ensuring that the products delivered meet the needs of our customers. This role is also expected to participate in cross-group processes and program development.
This position involves close interaction with development leads, product architects, and key customers.
A strong technical background is required. You will serve as the internal evangelist for your product offering. You will write development stories, review schedules and ensure high quality on-time delivery of product.
Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, writing market requirement and product requirement documents, developing product backlogs, and monitoring the implementation of each product delivery.
- Meets with customers to identify customer needs and opportunities, determine product market fit.
- Works to vet new solution opportunities, assists in identification of new markets and use cases
- Evaluate market requirements including market research to determine key market trends and competitive threats.
- Occasionally meets with dissatisfied customers to address their concerns.
- Works closely with design to make sure features are usable and intuitive for our customers
- Creates story maps, road maps and other artifacts to provide context and direction to product teams and other stakeholders
- Authors and maintains product vision and strategy
- Defines priority of outcomes, clarifies customer needs for product group(s), works with engineering to set deadlines for milestones, authors Objectives and Key Results (OKRs), and acts as a leader on their product team(s).
- Partners with lead engineer and UX designer to scope out solutions and features and establish pathways for team to develop the product
- Contributes to the creation of overall product strategy and roadmap
- Manages relationships with their product team, the product management team, product marketing, internal stakeholders, sales, strategic partners, customer success, and customers that use or might use their product.
- Ensures that their product team understands the vision and strategy of their product, as well as the short- and medium-term plans to achieve their vision.
- Collaborates with the Product Management team to identify areas of possible alignment or collision
- Works to inform internal stakeholders of product strategy and goals, understands and considers their input
- Collaborates with Product Marketing to develop a go to market strategy
- Manages or mentors less experienced Product Managers. Provides guidance and leadership to other product team members.
- May have one or more product managers as direct reports
- Provides guidance, formally or informally, to others in the Product Management team
- 10+ years background in technology product management, sales engineering, consulting, technical support, or technical education
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferable in computer science, computer engineering, or business.
- MBA/Master’s preferred.
- Knowing agile development methods and familiarity with JIRA and Confluence are a plus.
- Excellent writing skills are a must; candidates must have the ability to clearly describe product requirements and functionality.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience in analytics or business intelligence a plus.
- Excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with technical, marketing, and sales teams.
- Candidates will be required to become technically proficient with Logi Analytics products.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **