Lead Software Engineer
- Utrecht, Netherlands
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will work together with a team of skilled software engineers to deliver new versions of our Financial Software Products. You are responsible for technically designing new features of the system, but also actively contribute in implementing them. You provide input for the product owner, scrum master and engineering manager to determine technical impact and development effort for epics and user stories on the roadmap. You stay up-to-date with the latest technologies to inspire other engineers and find ways to utilize these to our advantage.
The chosen candidate must have strong analytical skills, a clear vision on high-quality software development, and have excellent communication abilities. A proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Engineer, Architect and design new features to the system and share with the rest of the team
- Participate in hands-on development of user stories in the current sprint
- Actively participate in backlog refinements to challenge acceptance criteria and to define work break-downs
- Collaborate with product owner, scrum master and engineering manager to prioritize roadmap features and identify and mitigate potential risks that jeopardize planning or releases.
- Monitor technical debt, define plans to improve it and pro-actively share your plans with product owner and team.
- Coach other software engineers in the team
- Join discussions to solve customer issues, help implementation projects move forward and explain potential new customers the technical impact of implementing our solution in their environment
- Planning and Management – Highly effective planning and organizational skills.
- Leadership and Vision - Ability to inspire people at all levels to follow your technical vision.
- Discipline and Perseverance – Focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion.
- Flexibility and Hard Work – Operate in a fast-paced, iterative development environment; learn and adapt to new business demands and changing technologies.
- Problem Solving – Strong critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Quality – Dedicated to producing high-quality software and implementing development best practices.
- Effective Communicator – Excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills - a proven ability to utilize your sense of urgency to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Team Player - has an insight attitude to work hard and play hard
- Passionate - a person who is inspired by new technologies and projects
Qualification and Experience
- Strong experience in backend development, preferred C# on .NET technology stack
- Strong experience in frontend development, preferred TypeScript on React technology stack
- Strong of experience in lead developer role
- Experience in implementing web applications according to current industry standards
- Experience in designing new (parts of) applications for scalability, reliability and performance
- Experience in writing high-quality, maintainable and testable code
- Experience with relational databases (like Microsoft SQL Server) and query languages (like SQL)
- Experience with source control systems (like GIT) and CI/CD build and release pipelines (like Azure DevOps)
- Experience with multi-dimensional databases (like Microsoft Analysis Services) and MDX
- Experience in writing containerized applications with Docker
- Can speak English and Dutch
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **