Business Intelligence Consultant
- Sydney NSW, Australia
Insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At Insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future Insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Business Intelligence Consultant for Government at insightsoftware, you are a self-starter who prioritises continually improving and is not afraid to share and learn from their peers and their mistakes. You can work individually, as part of a larger team lead by Senior Consultants. You are articulate and capable of working with a range of client representatives, particularly in Finance, each possessing varying degrees of technical capability. You have skills in translating end-user reporting and budgeting requirements into client outcomes through a combination of your own skills and leveraging the talents of the insightsoftware team.
- Deployment and configuration of CALUMO software including related work in Microsoft SQL Server its services (in particular Analysis Services), Microsoft Office and the web.
- Enhance and Maintain client implementations of CALUMO software.
- Work with client teams to extract and distil requirements that define the ultimate delivered BI or CPM solution developed using CALUMO software
- Create Test Plans and conduct Unit tests that align with the documented functionality to be deployed
- Deliver solution documentation where required
- Provide knowledge transfer and training to Client Technical staff. The training will generally be related to the use of SQL, SSAS and related standards, patterns and processes required to participate in the development and maintenance of the CALUMO solution
- 5 years of experience in a technical consulting role.
- Strong Excel skills
- Advanced skill with Microsoft SQL Server, particularly using T-SQL for solution development
- Ability to design and create business solutions for reporting and budgeting
- Ability to make sense of something complex
- Professional, courteous, and committed to providing amazing customer support
- Open-minded, positive, and keen to learn
- Great attitude, team player
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills and a history of solving business problems with Excel, Database, or OLAP tools
- Development experience with OLAP/multi-dimensional systems vital such as Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (preferred), Oracle Hyperion Essbase, TM1
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- An accounting background (e.g. CPA)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
***Preference will be given to candidates located near Sydney Australia.
Candidates located in Australia or New Zealand will be considered (for remote work).
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **