Technical Support Engineer
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
Are you an intelligent and highly motivated Technical Support Engineer with excellent communication and trouble-shooting skills? The ideal candidate is passionate about delighting customers, has technical skills, is an excellent problem solver, and is self-directed. You will work from home or in our office in Jo'burg.
The Technical Support Engineer will deliver high end Support to our customers (companies like Dalakraft, Almondy and Coop Sørvest) and partners as well as to our internal team.
You work on high-profile and highly visible clients/projects, working collaboratively with clients as well as functional consultants and technical team members to ensure the highest quality services are provided. You serve as motivational team member to ensure internal and external needs are met and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Provide technical support to business clients
- Timely resolution or escalation of issues
- Respond to service requests
- Incident identification; logging, resolution, escalation
- Continual improvement of processes, including keeping the incidents database up-to-date
- Provide heightened support for new functionality or features
- Assists in planning and deployment of new technology
- Strengthen business relations with clients by providing professional and quality service
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Experience with software installations, network operations, and software support
- Deep technical knowledge of SQL
- Experience with IIS configuration and management
- Experience with Performance diagnostics and tuning
- Able to communicate in English (verbal and written)
- Not a requirement but counts as a bonus if you have experience in one or more of the following
- Experience with Visualization services such as (VMware, Azure, HyperV)
- Experience with .NET application configuration (Web/App.config)
- Quick to learn new technologies and keen to stay up to date
- Motivated to achieve results and meet deadlines
- Shows pride in producing quality deliverables
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high achievers can succeed but are also safe to fail. We are profitable and focused on growing sustainably. We're always learning how to make Insightsoftware the best place to work for all of us, and not just another technology Vendor. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving challenging problems with technology.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **