Professional Services Consultant
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!
As a Professional Services Software Consultant, you will be implementing our tax reporting, consolidation and planning solutions based on the latest Cloud technology for leading, world-class customers under the direction of a project lead. Over time, you will become an expert at implementing our solutions and eventually become a trusted advisor and coach to our customers. To be successful in this role, you will need a good understanding of the Finance function of larger organizations and an ability to learn how to use and configure modern budgeting and reporting business applications quickly.
What will you do?
- Implement one or more of our products for new and existing customers
- Enhance and maintain existing customer’s applications
- With supervision from more senior colleagues, analyse customer requirements to create maintainable applications following best practice guidelines on application and information design
- Develop prototypes within feasibility studies
- Set-up configure and test components of customer solutions
- Integrate products with customers back-end ERP systems and other data sources
- In time, will coach partners and customer in the configuration of customer solutions
- Manage system testing and rollout activities
- Assist with System benchmarking
- Assist with execution and reconciliation of data conversion
- Provide acceptance testing and post-conversion support
How will you do it?
- Communication - Communicate effectively with customers and internal cross-functional partners, creating promoters at every touchpoint
- Teamwork - Work cross-functionally to achieve team and individual goals
- Enthusiasm - Exhibit passion and excitement and embrace a can-do attitude
- Perseverance - Demonstrate focus and commitment to solving complex issues through to completion
- Drive and Discipline - Operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a focus on generating high-quality results
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- 2-5+ years of experience in a systems related role within the Finance function of an organisation
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with several different activities in parallel
- Proficient in generally-used business applications such as Microsoft Office, especially Excel, as well as CRM and ERP software solutions
· Ability to travel. This will vary. It could be up to 80% at times, although this will vary from project to project and many projects are largely conducted in virtual remote team (eventually - no travel required for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19)
Nice to have
- Deep understanding of the business context of Tax, Consolidation or Planning activities
- Knowledge of a scripting language (VBA, SQL, Python etc.)
- Accounting qualification
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional tax, consolidation or planning solutions
- Knowledge of other languages
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high achievers can succeed but are also safe to fail. We are profitable and focused on growing sustainably. We're always learning how to make Insightsoftware the best place to work for all of us, and not just another technology Vendor. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving challenging problems with technology.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **